Monday, March 30, 2015

Sandra

Hey Family!!


Our week ended on a serious spiritual high!! Wasn’t the Women's Conference amazing or what?? Wow, I cannot describe how incredibly inspired are our leaders. I loved the videos, songs, and all the talks. It was amazing to think about how the family really is a point Satan is really hitting hard. I am so grateful for my forever family and the blessings that I have seen in my life from the gospel-centered home. In these past months, it has really been an eye-opener how important the family is.

So, we have an investigator named Sandra. Sandra is a mother of four. All four are 19 and older: one son and three daughters like our family. This past Black Friday, her son died in a car accident. Her son’s passing has ripped her life apart. It has been so sad to see how much more it has affected her life without the knowledge that she can be with her son again. 

Waiting for one of the Elders' baptisms to begin.

She has been visited by basically every religion, with all different points of view on where her son is now, and the chance of her being with all of her family again. Since the beginning and still now, we have been teaching her about the plan of salvation. She has so many doubts, but the one thing that I love about Sandra is when all of this happened, she did not once say that it was God's fault. She always has said that God is the answer, He is the peace, and the only one that completely understands her. She tries everyday to come closer and closer to her Savior and Father in Heaven. She knows that it is the only way she can see her son again. I cannot imagine the hurt and heartbreak that she feels. I do know that there is one that understands; he felt the same way. I know that Jesus Christ not only suffered for my sins and hardships but hers, too. I know that Sandra will one day feel better. It may not be this month or year, or even because of our help. Yet, I do know that she has one that is always there to help her feel better. 

The amazing thing with Sandra is we never actually plan to stop by. Literally never but when we do plan to stop by, she doesn't need us. The times that we are prompted are the times when she needs us. It has been an incredible feeling for her to know that whenever she is in her hardest moments, tears, and on her knees that is when the Father sends His servants. I am so grateful for the trust that the Lord has put into my companion and I that we have been the servants to help Sandra. She is always calling us her little angels or her adopted daughters, but really she is teaching us so much more and helping us more than she imagines. 

We were waiting for someone to open the church before the women's conference started.

Sandra always is telling us to tell our Mama's that we have someone that is a good person looking out for us. She says don't worry that she will always make sure that we are safe and have a home away from home. 


I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach the people here in Ponce of the truth. Also, I am grateful to know for myself that this gospel is the answer to all your problems. I know without a doubt that I can be with my family for all eternity. It makes the days easier with you all so far away! I love you all so, so much and I hope you all know that I am praying for each and everyone of you every day!!

Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris

My Companion is amazing and surprised me!

No comments:

Post a Comment