Monday, April 6, 2015

General Conference

Hey family!!!

First things first, I have some pressing news!! I will be training a Sister!!!!!! I get my newbie tomorrow!! I am so excited and honored to have the chance to be trusted with a new missionary! As of this moment, I have no idea who she is, if she is Latin or American. I will find out when I meet her tomorrow in Guaynabo. Yes, I get to travel to my first area’s chapel to meet her. I am also very, very excited about that!! 

Well, with all this good news, I am truly sad to see Hermana Dominguez go. I truly am so grateful for the time we had together to learn and help the people here. I have definitely developed a friendship that will last a lifetime!


On a different note, was conference awesome or what??? Wow, It was such an inspiration and spiritual uplift. I loved each talk and was taking very fast notes to keep as much as I could at hand before I can get my hands on a Liahona! Hahaha! 

It felt like every talk was reminding me of each one of you! There were so many times that they mentioned the importance of the family. It really was the hardest conference to be so far from my family, but it was great to know that it’s okay because my family is eternal. 


First Saydi. Saydi, I literally felt like crying when Elder Holland started talking about the story of the two brothers. Saydi, to me, you are just like that little brother. You have always been the smarter, stronger one. I never have doubted that you are always there for me. Without you knowing it, there have been many times when I knew it was you who was helping me carry on. I have never seen you falter from a decision or stumble on your standards. You really are the best little sister that I could have ever asked for. 

Jaren, the talk that reminded me of you was from the Prophet. I will always remember the first time I went through the temple. I remember the smile on your face as you helped me and explained things to me. Jaren, I am so grateful for the example you set for our family in serving a mission. You were the one like the returned missionary in his story that inspired me. I will always look up to my big brother for guidance and am forever grateful for your testimony in this gospel.

Aubrei, the talk that hit my heart for you was from Elder Christofferson. I know that you have been through a rough past year. I know that through all of it, you came out on top. I know that through the experiences that you have had that you will be very cautious in the dating realm. Just always remember that marriage really is of God. I know that if you continue to prepare yourself spiritually, you will find the love and eternal companion that Heavenly Father has prepared for you.

For Mama, there were talks… definitely more then one. Everyone that talked about the family reminded me of how amazing my parents are. I, like Nephi, truly have been born of amazing parents!! The talk that touched me the most was by from Brent H. Nielson. Family is the most important foundation God has given us. It doesn't matter if they are in the church now or fallen away. Mom, I have loved your example throughout the years with your siblings. You have always been the example of the Father in the prodigal son waiting and just showing love. I will always be grateful for your love as a strong member. 

Daddy, the talk that made me cry was all about “I can't wait till daddy comes home”, by Linda Burton. Daddy, I remember those days when you always got off at 4. I remember waiting and receiving that great big hug. I can't wait for the day that I can give that hug again. You are an incredible example as a father. I know that each one of us have been blessed by your influence and spirit you bring to our home. You really have blessed us all with the priesthood you hold and the love you give each one of us!!

Well I love you all so, so much and miss you more then anyone else in the world!!


Con Amor Siempre from your daughter, sister, and forever friend
Hermana Harris


P.S. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter remembering our beloved Savior and the amazing things that He did and does each day for us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment