Pues Buenos Dias familia!
Pues esta semana fue bien loca! Personas escondiendose en su casa por un huracan que no llego solo agua y brisa.. je je je...
Okay, Okay… my week was a little crazy!! We had people trying to hide from the hurricane that really was only a little bit of rain and wind. It was worse in other parts but for Juana Diaz it was a joke!! But they take it very seriously here… to the point that they put metal covers over their windows and doors. It looked like they were preparing for the Second Coming scariness to pass!! But your daughter is safe and sound!!
Our week was a little uninteresting actually. Because everyone was starting to prepare for the storms that was coming, no one was in the streets. Everyone we passed was telling us to buy canned food and water before it ran out, and to not be in the streets! I am glad that everyone was warning us about it, but seriously the skies all week were the most beautiful blue and white clouds. We still, of course, had to work for the Lord!!
Within the not so incredible week, we did come to find people. We saw lots of miracles! Well because I just celebrated 13 months in the mission, I will tell you guys 13 miracles that I saw!!
1. The biggest blessing to start out is that the Lord trusts me to teach his children here in Puerto Rico and help them increase in their own faith everyday!
2. I received three letters from Grandma Murphy! They always bring my mail a little late but hey they got here!
3. We had a family commit to coming to church the next week!
4. We have been looking for a less-active for about three weeks and this Sunday we finally found them! And we were able to meet a really sweet new family by asking for directions! New investigators!
5. The hurricane didn't come! And I didn't get wet at all!
6. Hermana Luz! When we lost power on Friday, she had a gas stove so she made lunch for us!
7. Of course, my family and my future niece or nephew that is coming!! Even though, I can't see you every week you all are still examples for me!
8. My companion! She is super sweet and a power house in the lessons with the spirit.
9. Jose Cruz, after Sacrament, came up to me and my companion and said “Thank you for being the light back into my life!"
10. When it was at the end of the month without money, we had someone each day offer us lunch or dinner!
11. Ruth is our Relief society President and was willing to help us when no one else in the ward wanted to.
12. We had gone to our less-active Jose's house to not find him there. We were able to teach his wife and really see her spirit come through. Then walking back found Jose in the street waiting for a ride from his daughter and where able to arrange a ride to church for Sunday!!
13. I gave a talk in church and everyone understood me, and I wasn't actually reading my talk, I was just preaching from the heart!
As you can see, a missionaries life is full of blessings. I am so glad that I am able to be a servant of the Lord here! Everyday, I learn more and more about the Saviors love for each one of his children! I love Puertoricans!! They are the craziest, strangest, and sweetest people that I could ever meet!!! Yo soy Boricua para que tu lo sepas!!
Have a great week and excited to here what Aubrei and Aaron are having next week!! Love you all and always sending my love and kisses! Love ya'll!
Con Amor Siempre,