Monday, August 10, 2015

Changes

Hey family,

First of all!!
Happy Birthday Jaren!!!
You are an amazing brother and we are the luckiest 3 sisters in the world to have a brother like you! Thank you always for your example and your love! Love ya big bro!

It is transfer time!! How crazy right?? I feel like time is just flying by! I am staying in my area, thank heavens, but I have a new companion! I get a Latina again and her name is Sister Melgar! She already lives in my house. Yay! Hahaha! So our mission just got a ton of elders to come in this transfer but the sad thing was that we lost more sisters then we are gaining. So, we are now, in my area, going down two sisters and up two elders! So, we are bringing our two areas together. What i know about my companion is that she is from Honduras, she just finished her training so she is super greeny in the mission. She is 19 and has a heart of a 6 year-old, and I love playing games on her! :)

To answer some of mamas questions: I live in a house about a two minute walk from the church on a huge hill. It has three bedrooms, one bathroom, and a fairly big kitchen! We live right next to a huge hill so there is nothing in front of us and we only have old people as neighbors so super safe!!
On the language, I am absolutely loving it! I have people everyday ask if I am from Mexico, South America, or Spain (Spain, I don't get because their accent is super weird). I feel very comfortable but, of course, I can always be learning more! It was strange to have a Gringa (Greenie) companion again. I have to say I am happy to not have the laziness to speak in English with my new companion though. It was definitely difficult at times to remember that she is still starting her mission and that the she always needs to be practicing. But now I will get back on track and learn so much more with my new companion!

This week was a huge change for the area! To be honest, we have definitely not had the best transfer. It has been a lot more walking then finding. But, I really have learned a lot this past month in a half. I feel it was the time that I really needed to learn the most, to humble myself, and learn a great lesson on the worth of souls. It really has been a great time to know that really every single decision of effort has its own consequence. Some are good, some are okay, and some are not so great. I have seen little miracles everyday like getting a ride very far away, having someone offer us water, someone accepting baptism, and people that are kind and loving. Little things like that make a missionary’s life so much easier! I really love the work! I cannot wait for the new trials. I am ready to make these last 4 transfers the best yet!! Wish me luck and pray for the people here in Puerto Rico!!
Love you all so much and have a great week.
Again Jaren have an amazing Birthday!!!!
Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment