Monday, March 2, 2015

For Eternity

Hey family!!
Well my week was FANTASTIC!!! I got to see my first convert baptized!! 



It was the best feeling in the world to see him completely accept our Heavenly Father's plan and enter into the waters of baptism!! We had the service this Saturday and the spirit was so strong. I had the chance to give the baptism talk. It was the best experience to be able to share this joy that i feel with someone else. After the baptism, in the final hymn, which I was conducting, he started to get red eyed and started to cry. That in itself was a testimony to me that this is what he needed. He felt the difference in his life from the things we have been teaching him. I want everyone here to have the same experience as Julio (July) but they need to be ready. I know that the Lord everyday is preparing more and more people to take upon themselves this sacred covenant and it is just my responsibility to find the ones that are ready now!


This is our favorite member in our ward!! Her name is Olga!! We are in her house every Saturday to keep her company and share our love.. and try to warm up to her nonmember husband!

It is so amazing to be able to serve a mission. There are so many things that I have learned that I will never be able to replace. I learn everyday more and more about the wonderful plan that our Father has for us! I am learning how to be able to be a good mother, a friend, a companion, and I am learning how to help not only in my own conversion but to aid others in their conversion. One thing that I am grateful for is the gift my parents gave me. I was born in the covenant, I have no doubt that I will be able to be with my family for time and all eternity. How great is that blessing!! I also know that my parents were the ones to lead and guide me to where I am today. You never forced the church on me. But it really wasn't an option to not go either. I am grateful for this because I was able to gain my own testimony. It is by this testimony that I have been able to grow and mature into the person I am today. I am so grateful for my mama and daddy that have always been there in my life through the thick and thin to show me the way. I will never be able to trade the friendship that I have with you both and I love you both so so much! 

I also what to thank my siblings! Aubrei, Jaren, Hannah, and Saydi, I love you all so much and am extremely grateful for your examples! Aubrei, even in the hardest of situations, you have always shown us that with faith you can always make it! Thank you for the strong testimony that you have always had. Jaren, I am so thankful for your example on always wanting to go on a mission. I will be forever grateful for your letters that I was able to read through high school to slowly but surely change my opinion on going on a mission! Hannah, I know that I don't know you very well but I know that my brother loves you with all his heart! Just keep each other happy and that will be the best gift you can give. Saydi, I am so grateful for the time that we were able to share together in school. You were always there when I needed a friend or advice. Saydi, I know that in this time, there are so many decisions to make in finishing your Senior year, but don't ever forget that the one person with all the answers is only a knee call away!

Thank you all for the love, laughs, and happy memories from each one of you! I love you all and can't wait to share the rest of eternity with all of you!

Con Amor Siempre 
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment