Monday, February 23, 2015

Zone Conference

Hey Family!!
Well first, Happy Birthday Daddy!! I hope your birthday is filled with laughs, love, and smiles! I woke up this morning smiling knowing that it is my daddy's birthday! 

Well it's transfer time once again!! Luckily, this transfer I am staying and I am still with Sister Dominguez!! It is going to be a great experience to continue in Ponce and to grow more relationships with the people here. Our area really just consists of six streets so it is a great chance to try to contact all the people and to find all those that are ready for this gospel!



I am so excited because we have a baptism this Saturday!! Julio has had all the lessons and truly is ready to make this commitment with our Heavenly Father! I can't wait for Saturday!! He is the nicest man in the world. He always is making us smile. We have been working with him to invite all of his family to the baptism. He has three children that we have been working on trying to  send the elders to them, but they don't live in our area. His ex-wife has called him and he has passed the phone over so we can talk! Little by little, we have been inching our way to this whole family! Because our job is never complete if only part of the family is on the way to salvation. We were sent here from Heaven in families and I want to see us all return to our Heavenly Father in families. I am so grateful for my family and the blessings that I have seen all my life and especially in my mission to have an eternal family. I love you all so much and so glad that I have the opportunity for 18 months to bring others to the joy of being with their family for time and all eternity!! 

This week, we had Zone conference.. and Sister Harris had to sing a solo. Why, oh why, we will never know! But hey it wasn't that horrible. The song was weird but the lyrics were written by a convert's conversion. It was a great memory that I will never forget. Well, I actually loved the conference! It was so inspiring! We talked all about how if you dwell in your fear you can't accomplish this work. We all have a fear that holds us back from doing something. In the mission, it is more severe because it is another person's salvation that is on the line! So we need to talk to everyone, we need to invite all so that they can use there agency to accept or reject the path. It is something that we face everyday but with faith, we can fight! I loved it! 



Also another thing that our mission has started to focus on is family history! It has been great! I am so thankful for the time before I left for my mission making the fan chart with Grandma Harris and calling Grandma Murphy to know the information on that side of the family! It is amazing to see how much of an impact family history has for the people in Puerto Rico! Of course, families are always important but it is so much more important to know where you are from and the people that made it possible for you to be who you are! If any of the families have stories of their ancestors, I love to hear and read them!! It is always a strong spiritual experience to be able to share one of my families stories to strengthen another family! 

There are so many things that can hold us back but if we hold strong to our faith, we have the most powerful three people in the world to back us up! We have the Spirit to touch the hearts of the people, Christ to lead us on this path, and a Father in Heaven that is our goal and home! 

So I have some huge news!! March 10th I have the chance to meet Elder Holland!!! He is coming to Puerto Rico and we have a huge complete mission conference with him!! I am so excited to be able to see him and hear what counsel he has for our mission!!

Well I love you all so much and am so proud to be a Harris and a part of this family!! 
Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment