Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Directly in our Path

Hey family!!! 
It has been another killer week! We have walked what feels like a hundred miles and talked to lots of people. Wow I must really be on a mission.



The biggest thing that is news worthy is I have to sing another solo. Please kill me now. Hahah I don't understand how I keep getting volunteered to sing. You all know my voice is is not terrific. But I got asked, so I, of course, excepted. This time it is for zone conference. Urg.. well wish me luck! It is this Thursday! Oh, another thing really cool is that Elder Holland is coming to Puerto Rico next month!!!!! I might get to meet him!! Super excited for that. 



Now to the progress of my investigators: JULIO!! Well, oh my, I have so much love for this man! He is so incredible sweet and has a sincere desire to know more. One thing that I loved is we were asking him the baptismal question in one of our lessons. The first question is whether you have believe in God the Father. I loved his response. "I don't believe in God, because you can believe in a lot of things. Believe in your mom, in your job, and in love. I think and know that there is a God. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for me." I loved that! We do have belief in a lot of things but to have a knowledge is so different! I know also without a single doubt that I was called to share the message of the restored gospel with Julio! I cannot wait to see him in the baptismal font in two weeks!!



This has been a very incredibly strange week. Hermana Dominguez got really, really sick with the stomach flu and was doubled over in pain on Thursday. We had to call the mission nurse to visit. The next day, we started off really slow to make sure she didn't have any bad reactions to the medicine and needed a bathroom. But wow, the day after was the most affective day of the week. It felt like literally Heavenly Father was putting the people directly in front of us. We found three more less actives. One of them literally contacted us in the street! We were walking by on the way to use the restroom in a nearby grocery store. He stopped us and told us all about the elders that used to teach him and how the members were very kind and that he has a lot of friends in the ward. It was a golden visit. We know exactly how to help him and what members to use to get him back to a strong member. Love how the Lord works! 



This week another great thing happened! We were sitting in the usual place in a park teaching July when we had this little girl sit down with us and start listening. It was very strange because we had no idea who she was. She started to kinda participate in the lesson! We continued but made sure we  started to include her and ask her questions. She is Gabriela and is 10 years old. She said she loves to read so we thought why not and we gave her a Book of Mormon. The next lesson with July, she came out with her Book. Oh, wow she had been reading! She even marked the scripture that she liked the most and explained to us why! Wow she is incredible intelligent! This week, we are going to try to have a lesson with her and her family to try to help them grow together. A child is able to be baptized but without the family can be lost from the flock very fast!



Well I love you all so so much and can't wait to talk to you all again next week! You all are always in my prayers!

Con Amor Siempre 
Hermana Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment