Monday, February 2, 2015

Smile Through

Hey family!!

It was a crazy, amazing, loca, and a normal missionary week. Hahaha!!




This week did start out a little different then normal weeks. So our ward makes it really difficult to give the members the lessons. It really is something that we are slowly little by little working on in this ward. We have started to visit all the members to help them feel comfortable with us so they will introduce us to there friends.



 We were working in one of our normal areas where there is a little girl that is ten. She is a recent convert with her grandpa. Honestly, this little girl has the saddest story in the world but is a ball of love to us. Every time that we are with her she is always giving me hugs and telling me she loves me. So we had a heartbreaking moment this week. She lives in very bad situation with her family, and her house is horrifying. So this week one of the neighbors called Social Security. I am so happy for the little girl gets to have food, clean clothing, and a warm bed. But I am so sad to see that we can't continue to see her grow in this gospel and help her. I have truly learned so much from this little girl such as to take everything by stride. She has taken everything that they have thrown at her and still smiles and does everything she possibly can to show to everyone else that she wasn't suffering. I hope that I can be more like her when I have hard things that come my way. 



Another thing that happened with week is that we have had great success with our investigator July!! He has committed to a baptismal date on the 21st of February!! He really has been progressing so much. The first thing that changed was his prayers. His first prayer started by my companion helping him finish because he didn't know what to say. From then on his prayers started to get longer and longer. It is a grand blessing to see peoples lives change and see their faith in Christ develop! I am so so glad that I am here and have this chance to teach the gospel, the restored gospel to the people here. I have learned so much on how to make me a better member, future mother, and to draw me everyday closer to my Savior! I just want to say thank you to everyone of you that helped me get to who and where I am today!



I love you all so so much
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment