Monday, January 26, 2015

Ponce!!

Hey Family!!


My last night in Humacao... with family Rodridges and Millie and the elders and a less active.


It has been another crazy week in the life of a sister missionary. I absolutely love Ponce! The people here are great. 



The only problem is the ward is not into missionary work, but I have the faith that we can change that.
So about my companion, she is amazing! I really feel like we are sisters not just companions. I have had a great experience learning all about her life. In two weeks, I already feel like I have known her for all of my life!



This week has been a great week for finding people. I never really thought this before but I am a tiny bit shy. I really have felt uncomfortable approaching people in the past. This week I have really seen the difference. I have started to be the one to say everything about our purpose and why we are talking to the people without my companion looking at me like it is your turn! It has been a great feeling to have the confidence in my Spanish to not worry when I am talking to people if they are understanding me or not. My spanish has really come a long way since the CCM. I am so grateful for my two latin companions to be able to be talking spanish all day long. 



Wow, this week has been great! We have been working really closely with a recent convert, Jose, to have him be a golden member. We have gone through all the lessons again and it has been great to see where his testimony is. We were contacting in his area the other day and found a new investigator, July. July is an fairly older fella but always is willing to talk to us. The only difficulty is that he does not know how to read. It was amazing to see how willing Jose is to help and read with July. Honestly this work as missionaries definitely doesn't work without the members. I truly understand that more now then ever. I have seen so many less actives and recent converts here who love the missionaries but when they get transferred the person goes inactive. It is sad that they didn't have the testimony to continue, but at times if a member had been their friend from the start then they would have stayed. 
I am so glad to be serving in Ponce 4th ward! They really are a strong ward and a great area of growth. My companion and I have been working really hard to continue to push the ward to help in the mission aspect because I know that it will help with ward growth hugely in the future!



Well I love you all so so much and how that you all have a great week!! I pray for you all everyday! 

Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris

It was raining and all the dirt was in my shoes! So I had the idea to walk barefoot and Sister Dominguez thought it was photo worthy...Hahahaha!



P.S. So I have one request for the next package you send... hahah Hermana Dominguez loves kisses. It would be amazing if you could send some!! Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment