Monday, January 12, 2015

Temple Work

Hey family!! 




First things first, I am getting transfered again! I am going to Ponce, Puerto Rico tomorrow with a new companion from Panama! I am nervous, excited, and ready to meet the new people that Lord wants to put in my path. I am a little sad to be leaving Humacao so soon but I know that the Lord has a plan much greater then I can imagine.




Well this has been a very difficult week. With Three Kings Day, everyone is having fiestas. Puerto Rico is literally one big island of holidays. I swear there is a different holiday every other weekend. But it means that the families are home together! 



We tried contacting as many of our investigators as possible this week. It was very difficult! We were able to visit Reina twice this week though, which went amazingly. We had the chance to really see where her testimony is and if she truly is ready to see where the Lord can improve her life through the gospel. The spirit that was felt was incredible. When we were bearing our testimonies on the gospel, she told of us of her continuous desire to not only be baptized herself but to go to the temple to do the work for her mother. I am so grateful that we have had the revelation of temple work. Through this gospel, we are able to not only do the work for our eternal salvation but the work for all of our ancestors. I am so grateful to have the knowledge that there is a life after this one and that through the atonement every single one of Heavenly Fathers children have the chance to repent and return back to him!



So this week was Sister Sanchez's birthday! Plus, I think we had more food this week from members and investigators then in my mission thus far! It was ridiculous how much! We had three cakes this week, dinner basically every night and people that feed us in between! Missions are hard just with the food that everyone expects you to eat. It is like everyone thinks that we never eat and that we are always hungry. At times, yes that is true but honestly I would like to eat a lot less then people give. I think a big diet is in my future and a lot more hardcore exercise in the morning. Hahaha!!


Random Fact: I love the song Siembra Gozo (Scatter Sunshine). It the best to sing to wake myself up and keep me going throughout the day!! :)

Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment