Monday, January 19, 2015

New Experiences

Hey family!!

So new area, new companion, and new experiences!! First of all, my companion is Sister Dominguez. She is from Panama. She is sassy, and an incredible missionary. Already, She has taught me so so much! Before in my different areas, we really weren't doing much teaching on the streets and instead, it was more of the normal sit down lessons. Sister Dominguez has really taught me how to teach a lesson the second that we start talking to them. It has been so amazing to see how well people react when we  start teaching right off the bat. I absolutely love asking people about their beliefs in Christ and ending up telling them all about my beliefs. It is really great to not only be able to talk a tiny bit to everyone but it is a way better feeling to be sharing a little bit of the gospel with every encounter. 

As you may have heard, I live in an apartment without any AC, hot water, a dryer, an oven, and even some of the plugs don't work, and with three latins. It is a little crazy but it is an adventure! Hahaha, it is really great. The cold water is really refreshing when it is always hot here. And in the morning, I am definitely awake after I take a shower! AC doesn't really matter because before we only used it at night so a fan basically does the same job. But hey all these are character builders!! I am loving living with three latins! I have been learning so much spanish in just a short amount of time. My companion speaks the most english out of the three of them which is great so when I don't know a word she is the fastest to help me figure out the meaning. I absolutely love her! We get along great! 

The hardest thing about this area is that we live an hour walk away from civilzation which is super sad. So the street that we live on is an hour walk from our main area. So every single day we walk two hours with no one in our route to and from our area. Great exercise, but not great for use of mission prime proselyting time!! 

This week, we having been working on finding as much as possible! Because all the investigators that the sisters had basically were baptised in the past month. We did a lot of contacting! Honestly, in my last areas that was my least favorite thing to do, but Sister Donminguez is changing my opinion. I have been just watching everything that she does everyday to try to learn much as possible!

One person that has been a golden find is Juan Ramon. We contacted him in the street and just began talking about Christ. He was very into the conversation and we stood there talking for an hour! We set up an appointment for later in the week and gave him a restoration pamplet to read. He called us the next day telling us that he couldn't do that day but the next woud work. He called us three more times after that to make sure that we could still do that time and that we were coming. This is really strange, normally we are the ones doing the calling, and investigators don't ever call us! We taught him our basic beliefs without going into big details. He asked all kinds of questions on to make sure he understood our beliefs and the things that he had heard from other people was not true! It was so amazing to see how much he wanted to learn. He agreed to go with us to an church activity this Friday. I am so excited to see how he progresses!! I have the faith that he will!!

I love you all so so much and am working as hard as I can here to make you and my Father in Heaven proud! 

Con Amor
Hermana Harris

P.S. Sorry! No pictures this week. We are at a members house because with the holiday, all the places with computers are shutdown and the church is not in our area. I will send some next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment