Monday, February 9, 2015

Not an Ounce of Doubt

Hey family!!
It is another week in the life of a missionary!!



We have been really focusing on one investigator and a load of less-actives this week! I don't know if I ever told you guys, but basically, the whole island of Puerto Rico is 50% less actives! Maybe not exactly but it really feels that way! So all the wards here look like branches, and the branches are a group of ten active people. The biggest ward on the island is the Metro, English ward but the members in the ward are constantly moving in and out because the majority are dental students. So the other wards here are very, very smal but the church has only been in Puerto Rico for about 30 years.



 I love it though because everyday the more people we meet, the more members we reactivate, is just another step to building the temple here! They have already bought the grounds we just need a stronger worthy membership to actually have the church start to build. I can't wait to hear in General Conference one day that Puerto Rico temple is being built. It will make all the walking I do everyday worth it! The members here, the ones that are active are so strong! I am so lucky to be able to work with them everyday to help in their ward. It is exactly what the members here need is to be able to attend the temple and receive the blessings. It sad to know that there are some members that have been members for a long time and have never seen the temple. It is so sad to think that for financial reasons that they are missing out of the blessings of the temple. The temple is one thing I really really miss about the CCM. I can't wait to return and at college be able to visit the temple every week! I am so excited to go with all of you to the temple when I get back! 



Well, we have been continuing to teach our investigator, Julio! Wow, he is the sweetest. He really day by day is growing stronger and stronger in his testimony. We have started to ask one of the baptismal questions every appointment. He with a not an ounce of doubt in his voice says that this gospel is true and that he knows it. It has been really strange teaching him. So not very strange, like he is a strange person but it just has come to us amazingly easy. When we teach him a new commandment or principle he never has had a problem. For example, the Word of Wisdom, most people always have a problem giving up one part either their morning coffee or their drink on the weekend. July said that he only drinks coffee on occasion and it will be 'no problem' to stop. We have almost been worried that something else hard is going to be a stopping block for him, but with every lesson, he just continues to say it won't be an issue. It is the first time that I have felt that I have met one of Heavenly Father's truly prepared children! It has been such a blessing to meet him and be able to see him grow!



Well family and friends, I just want to finish today with my testimony that without a single doubt I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ which has been restored to this earth again. I know that Thomas Monson is a prophet of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that my Savior lives and he suffered so each one of us can return to our Father in Heaven one day! I know that the plan of Salvation is perfect; there is not a single flaw to it. It is through this plan that our Heavenly Father has provided a way for each one of us to return to him in the heavens with the knowledge that we did the best that we could on this earth. I know that my family is forever and that through the ordnances of the temple that we can be together if we each do our part! I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support in helping me serve my mission!

Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris

P.S. I promise next week my photos will be with investigators and members... I always forget my camera at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment