Monday, March 9, 2015

My Three Stars

Hey family!!
My week was amazing! The three stars of my week were Julio, Olga, and Hermana Dominguez!! 


From last weeks zone conference

For Julio, we have been visiting him as often as possible to be able to help him continue to understand the covenant he has accepted and to continue to help him grow in his faith. It has been amazing to see the difference in his attitude and testimony. It even seems to me that he looks different. This week, we focused on the Holy Ghost and the priesthood in our lessons. He had the chance to receive the Holy Ghost on Sunday. Wow! It was breath taking to see his huge smile after they finished the blessing and confirmed him a member of the church. That moment right there is what makes it all worth it. In that moment is when I felt closest to my Savior. It is when the joy of the gospel and the plan of God are brought into another's life that I truly feel like a disciple of Christ. It is so amazing to think that I knew Julio in the heavens. He told me there that I needed to come find him, that I needed to serve a mission to bring him this gospel. I am so grateful that I was prompted to make the choice to serve so I can find the people that I promised in heaven. 


This is Julio on his confirmation day!! :) It is amazing how different people look when all in white. 

Another star of this week was Olga! Wow, I love this woman so much. We call her our mom of Ponce. She has accepted Hermana Dominguez and me completely into her home. She lives in our same urbanization, with her nonmember husband. She has had a lot of trouble with not feeling completely included in the church because he is not a member. We visit her very Saturday or Sunday night when he husband leaves to go party with his friends. She absolutely loves it. She knows that we are there for her physically and spiritually for her to feel good. Last night, she opened up to us completely. It was an amazing feeling to know that she has the confidence in us to be completely honest. It was one of the strongest lessons in my mission. We told her all about the true love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. He has a plan and a purpose for everything. He sent us especially to her at this time. We told her that all of the things that she does everyday to love and support her husband is making the difference. Yes, he is not a member but he accepts us into his home and he knows without a doubt that we are there because we have a great love for his wife. It is the little things that plant the seeds, little by little his confidence and interest will grow. It is so hard to see the difficulties in a part-member family. The best part of His plan is for families to be together forever!!


This little boy is an autistic boy of one of the elders' recent converts. I love playing with him and giving him candy. :D

My third star this week was Hermana Dominguez!! Wow, we have been a power house team together! There have definitely been times that we wanted to kill one another but it always works out in the end. She is amazing! I really feel like I have gained a life-long friend. We have become really close in the past couple of weeks. It is amazing to think that you can spend 24/7 with someone but if you don't take the time, you may not really know them at all. I have had the chance to really get to know her. She is a convert, but not in the normal sense. She was baptized at 8 but her family was less-active. She made the choice even when all of her family, with the exception of her mom, was against the church. She made the choice to find out for herself. She has one of the strongest testimonies I know. I am so lucky to be able to work with her. I know that our Heavenly Father sent us to this area for a reason, even put us together for a reason. I am finding out more and more everyday that we really truly needed to learn s from each other at this moment in our missions. My only hope is that all my other companions are just like her. Hahaha! I know that is a huge dream. :) 

This is my favorite member of our ward!! Heriberto!!

Well I love you all dearly and hope that you take the time the help the missionaries. I know that your lives are crazy but we are here living this life to return to our Heavenly Father. The missionaries really can't do it without the members!!

Con Amor Siempre,
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment