Monday, March 16, 2015

Elder Holland!!

Hey family!!
Well, I think I can say I had a better week then anyone!! I got to talk to Elder Holland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Wow, he is incredible! We all had mission conference with Elder Holland and Elder Martinez. First of all, it was amazing to get the chance to see everyone in the Puerto Rico Mission. I had the opportunity to see all of my old companions.  It was amazing to have all the missionaries in the mission together! 
Elder Holland was spectacular! He talked all about our futures, how we need to continue to make a difference, and plan now for our futures. It was inspiring to hear about how different he was before and after his mission. I want to be just like him when I get home. I want my mission to be the difference. I don't want to look back and say that my mission was just service I did for a period of time in my life. I want to say that my mission made me a better person, my mission shaped my future, my mission changed everything! He also told us that if we fall away from the church after our missions and pass by him in the street, we need to cross to the other side. He cannot handle when we lose the shepherds. A few sheep here and there, but never the shepherds. 
Elder Holland also talked to us about one symbol of the second coming; The Book of Mormon! He told us all about the blessings that we have received from this book. It is amazing to think that we have the knowledge and the evidence that Christ will come, and we have it in our hands. We have the answer for everyone. We just need everyone to actually read the book. If an investigator wants to know the truth all they need to do is read. If a less active has some excuse for not coming to church, they need to gain or regain a testimony of this book. Everything in Christ's church revolves around that book!
 Elder Holland's talk really impacted me and my testimony in the Book of Mormon. My goal now is to not only read the scriptures everyday but to find out how every page, every verse can help me today. I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is holy scripture and that it was Joseph Smith who translated the plates that brought forth this great book. I know without a doubt that the prophets wrote each page with our generation in mind. It is just our responsibiliy to find the reasons why. 
It was an amazing opportunity to see Elder Holland in person. We all got to shake his hand, tell him our name, and where we are from!!! I know without a doubt that he is an apostle of the Lord! 

Well in other news, we have two investigators that are really progressing. It is a mother and son (Mariana 67, Emilio 45). We just happened to be contacting on the way to the Elders' baptism last week and met them. Wow, they have so many good questions. That in itself is a key that the Lord was preparing them. They both came to church yesterday and loved it. Mariana is a ball! We had a ward activity on Friday and she made the party. Everyone was laughing so hard! It was an amazing chance for them both to form relationships with the ward members before a serious church service. It really is incredible how much the members make a difference. The investigators can make such an easier transition from investigator to member when they form relationships. They really are entering a different world with different standards, different expectations, and different beliefs. With a friend at your side, it makes it less scary.

Well, I love you all so so much!! And I wouldn't be a missionary without leaving you with a challenge. I challenge each of you to start the Book of Mormon again. Really read it, as a family or individually. I know that it will make the days easier, the weeks faster, and the trials more bearable!
I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris



P.S. I am officially the insect killer in my house... spiders, roaches, and whatever else we find. Sigh... worst calling ever!! Hahahaha!! This spider was in my bag! I found it when we got back to the house after visiting a member. I really hope I had been only carrying it for 15 mins and not all day!! That photo is a normal 4x6 so the spider was huge!!










No comments:

Post a Comment