Monday, January 4, 2016

Listen to the Spirit

Hey family!!

We had a big change this week. At the beginning of this transfer, they put two more sisters in our area. So we have had a full house. There was a sister that went home early for who knows what and the mission president decided to take out one of the sisters from here to fill the spot. So now, we are in a trio! Hahaha! My new companion is Hermana Pavon from Mexico City! It has been a wild ride this week getting used to having so many people in a lesson. Goes to show that the MTC has prepared me for this moment without ever realizing it. So I started in a trio and I will finish out strong in a trio! 


One miracle that happened this week was on Tuesday, before the crazy trio stuff. We had planned out everything to go to an area called Jacauguas. As we are getting closer and closer, I started to feel sick. It was one of the strangest feelings in the world. The further I walked the more my head hurt and my throat became sore. I turned to my companion and said that I thought that we needed to turn around and visit Carmen, a less-active. She looked at me kind of strange and said “well lets pray about it.” So in that moment, we bowed our heads to pray. I continue to have the same sick feeling. We then turned around. I swear, literally, it was the weirdest feeling in the world as I started to feel better with every step I took! That alone just confirms my testimony that as missionaries we have the spirit with us always! It was so amazing to see that the Spirit really is protecting us! I really don't know what would have happened if we had kept walking but I know that Heavenly Father was watching over us.


To even increase this amazing experience, when we get close to where Carmen lives, an old investigator named Alex calls out to us. He goes to tell us that the family that Carmen is always helping had a loss in the family this week. Side note: Carmen is a nurse and was talking care of a 98 year-old lady and watching over her 60 something year old son, Junior. Alex goes on to explain that Junior passed away this past Sunday. My mouth literally opened in shock. We had been in and out of that house singing to the mom all the time. It so strange to think that her son that was always making jokes with us was gone. 


With that news, we headed to Carmen's house. When we get there, she starts telling us exactly what happened to Junior. He had a heart attack. Carmen explained to us that every time we were in his house sharing a message and singing with his mom, he would stay by the door to try to hear even a little bit of what we would share. In his last week of life, Junior was asking Carmen all kinds of questions of why she was Mormon and what message we really had to share with everyone, and who is Christ. 


It honestly was one of the saddest and happiest moments. It was so amazing that even in the last moments of life people still look to Christ. I really felt amazed to know that we even helped him a little to understand and prepare a little bit for the spirit world! It was right after this moment that it was confirmed to me what I really want to do with the rest of my life. I want to help those that are almost ready to meet God go peacefully to the next world. I know that without a doubt that our Savior lives and he prepared a way that we can find that joy a comfort in this life! 

I know that He is here leading and guiding us to the next life! I am so grateful for the chance I have to know and understand the Plan of Salvation. It brings me the greatest joy to be able to bring others to this same knowledge! 

I know that my family is forever and eternal! What joy that sentence brings! I know that my Savior lives and has guided me these last 17 months to the ones that needed his message in their lives now. I know that it is this last month that He will continue guiding my companions and I to the ones that are ready for us!

 We got into an epic water fight. 
I was literally soaked from head to toe!!

Con Amor Siempre,
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment