Monday, January 18, 2016

Strange Miracles

Hey family!!!

This week has been a week of very strange miracles. And by strange, I just mean we were not waiting for them in any way, shape, or form! It was quite amazing. 


First is a lady named Vilmar. We had contacted her about two weeks ago and just happened to pass by this week to see if she had any interest in hearing the lessons. When we got there, she welcomed us in and opened completely up. She told us she has a husband she loves and two beautiful children, but that there is just something missing. The spirit during the lesson was amazing as we taught her the restoration. She was paying complete attention. 


Just to allow your imagination to see her incredible focus let me describe the scene... the television was on a little kid spanish show while the four year old was playing with toys on the floor. The two year old was coming back and forth between the three of us, bringing us all her toys to show us them and explain each one. Yet, in the midst of all this craziness, Vilmar was completely focused on each one of us as we shared our part of the lesson. She had a smile from ear to ear when we explained how much the message was centered on families and how we know that she can live eternal with her family one day. It was a lesson I don't think I will ever forget!  Walking down the street as we left, there was a weird sense of pure joy beaming from my two companions and I. Sister Pavon turns to me and told me that they will make to send me Vilmar's baptism photos. In return, we will send Sister Taylor photos of their temple marriage! :) 

We went to eat lunch with Wanda on Sunday and had an incredible powerhouse lesson with her about how she needs to make it to the temple to do the work for herself and for her late sister! It was so amazing to feel the spirit as each one of us testified that families can be together forever and how much peace that has brought to each one of our lives! Again, I want to remind you all that I love you and know that I truly am blessed to have each one of you not only in my life but for the eternities to come! 



On a funny note, we had exchanges this week. One thing, we did in both areas was right before we headed in to an appointment, we would say a prayer then we would open up the scriptures randomly to somewhere and read a verse. So Sister Pavon, Sister Lara(a sister trainer) and I read Alma 26:11 which says: 
"Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethern and also towards us." 


Honestly, in that moment, that was exactly what we needed! It had been a long day of doors in our faces. But God knows we did it with all our soul and energy!
On the other hand, in Ponce, Sister Taylor and Sister Johnson did the same thing. They opened to Alma 1:12: 
"Therefore thou art condemned to die, according to the law which has been given by Mosiah, our last king; and it has been acknowledged by this people, therefore this people must abide by the law."
At least, I wasnt condemned to die this week! Hahahahaha! :) 


I can't wait to see you all soon! Muchos besos y abrazos!! 
Con Amor Siempre
Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment