Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Reflections

Hey family!!!

Wow, I am so overjoyed to know that we have a new member of our family!
WELCOME CHARLIE ROSE!!
I am so happy for Aubrei and Aaron! I know that Heavenly Father really is sending us a miracle and a great blessing. The most precious gift he can give is the opportunity to give one of his heavenly spirits a body. We all are so blessed to receive this gift. I cannot wait to see the newest little blessing, Charlie Rose Call!!


Honestly, there were two quotes that really shaped my week. I would like to share them with all of you guys:
"The Atonement is individual, and if you have something that is bothering you-something so long ago you can hardly remember it- you put the atonement to work. It will clean it up, and you, as does he, will remember your sins no more." -President Boyd K Packer

"I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because Salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are the Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our eternal head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never easy for him?” -Elder Jeffery R Holland


I decided this week to take some advice from Daddy and reflect upon my mission. I felt that it really was these two quotes that summed up my mission. I have learned, more then anything, what the Atonement really means for me, in my life, and how I can use it my everyday life. I have learned that my Savior suffered so much so that I could return to live with my family for forever! I know that the one perfect man in this world suffered so much for my daily faults. And that on my mission, I could, only for a second, feel the pain He felt to sweat one drop of blood for me.


I know that missionary work is the most fulfilling work I could ever do. It is one thing to bring your own soul back to Christ. But the feeling of knowing that you can bring more then one is something indescribable! I am so incredibly thankful for the choice I made to serve a mission. I am grateful for the amazing parents I have, who the second I said I wanted to serve, started to support me in every step of the process!


I know that without a doubt that this gospel is the truth restored again. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our leader and revelator in these days. I know that my family can be forever and I can’t wait till the day that we can all sit in the Celestial room together! I know that Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. I know that He is always by our side in the difficult moments, along with the good. I know all this and doubt not a single part! I know that my mission changed me, but I never want to go back to the person I was. I just want to keep progressing!


I love you all so much and can’t wait to see you all soon!
Take care of yourselves this week!!
Con Amor Siempre,
Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment