Monday, June 1, 2015

One Day At A Time

Hey family!!!


The letter from last week is in the mail so it will get to you guys sometime this week! Sorry, I sent it like Thursday or Friday. This week seemed like the same as every other week. We walked, taught, got rejected, and ate a lot. Hahaha!

Really, this week has been a huge growth point for me. For a while, I was at a point were I just plateaued. I felt like my Spanish wasn't progressing, all of our investigators had the same problems and weren't progressing. I felt like spiritually I wasn't learning as much as before. It really has been a humbling moment for me. I really felt like was starting to fail as a missionary because I lost what they call the Greenie fire. It really is a strange feeling. I have the desire to learn more and more everyday but the fire was lost. It might sound so strange but it was more or less that my in desire to keep on improving died.

Through this time of feeling off, I wasn’t the same Haleigh that is always been. I wasn’t happy or sad, I was just frustrated with myself and neutral in feelings. Really the past weeks, I have spent more times on my knees in confusion asking my Heavenly Father for help then I ever have in my life. I can honestly say I don’t like this feeling. I am not a neutral person. I am Happy; I am the person that finds joy and new adventures in everything.

I have now learned that I need to take everything a day at a time. Here in the mission, we are always planning, planning for the day, the week, and the transfer. In our own time, we are even planning our future lives. I feel like I just got to the point where I was stressing myself out thinking way too far into the future and need to focus more in the everyday enjoyments. A good friend of mine recently gave me the idea of a great goal to ‘keep your mind more in Ponce, Puerto Rico then in Montana’. I feel as missionaries we feel so much that our ‘real’ lives are on hold. Our families are moving on without us, but our lives school, families, and futures are on pause. It really isn’t like that.


This past week I have come to realize that life will always be moving forward. For me, in the mission, spiritually I feel like I have been in fast forward. Without my mission, I know that it would have taken years if not decades for me to have learned and grown in the way that I have in the past 10 months. My life before is something I will never be able to go back to. I am okay that I will be not going back but coming home from the best spiritual and physical journey that I could have ever asked my Heavenly Father for.

I know that without a doubt that my Savior carved the path for each and every one of us. He is the one that we can look for every moment of frustration, sadness, and hiccup in our life. I know that he knows exactly how I feel and can be my friend to get me through every single day. I know that my Savior lives!
I am so grateful for my family that has been there to support me and help me before in every phase of my life! I know that each and every one of you are loved by our Heavenly Father. I have the greatest blessing of all to have you all in my life! I hope that this week you all enjoy the time you have together!


Please for me give Saydi, our graduate, lots of unwanted hugs and kisses!! So proud of you Sayds and the amazing little sister that you have been to each one of us for all these years! I can’t believe that our baby girl is growing up. Jks, jks! I do love you Saydi and just know that we really are so blessed to have such an amazing, intelligent and beautiful little sister like you!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment