Monday, June 29, 2015

I am a Mormon

Hey Family!!!


It’s transfer time!! After six months in Ponce it is time to say Adios!! I am getting transferred tomorrow to Juana Diaz... a whole-whapping 30 minutes away. So I will be in the same Zone, with the same leaders but different area and district!! I am seriously so excited for my new adventure. I won't lie when they first told me; I thought it was a joke. Hahaha! My companion is Sister Olsen, from Utah. She has been out for about 4 1/2 months in the mission. She just finished her training the same time as my baby did!! I am super nervous as I am for every new companion but ready for the next adventure! I already know that part of the reason that I have been called to serve there is for the less-actives. I literally love visiting less-actives so so much! There is so much spirit and hope to visiting them. Its like in Helaman 5:

“35 Now there was one among them who was a Nephite (less-active) by birth, who had once belonged to the church of God but had dissented from them.  
36 And it came to pass that he turned him about, and behold, he saw through the cloud of darkness the faces of Nephi (Sister Harris) and Lehi (Sister Pardo); and behold, they did shine exceedingly, even as the faces of angels. (being filled with the spirit) And he beheld that they did lift their eyes to heaven; and they were in the attitude as if talking or lifting their voices to some being whom they beheld(praying for guidance)…..

 38 And they said unto the man (the less-active): Behold, what do all these things mean, and who is it with whom these men do converse? (Do you remember? Do you remember the light of Christ in your life?)  
39 Now the man’s name was Aminadab. And Aminadab said unto them: They do converse with the angels of God. (I do remember)  
40 And it came to pass that the Lamanites (the family of the less-active) said unto him: What shall we do, that this cloud of darkness may be removed from overshadowing us? (How can we become like that?)
41 And Aminadab said unto them: You must repent, and cry unto the voice, even until ye shall have faith in Christ, who was taught unto you by Alma (your missionaries), and Amulek, and Zeezrom; and when ye shall do this, the cloud of darkness shall be removed from overshadowing you. (The light of Christ can be seen in your life.)
42 And it came to pass that they all did begin to cry unto the voice of him who had shaken the earth; yea, they did cry even until the cloud of darkness was dispersed. (They came back to church and worked on being worthy again.)”

We had an amazing thing happen the other week. We were walking a route we have walked I think more then a hundred times, when we passed by a lady that I had never seen before. We just started to contact her. She got a little shy and said “well, of course, I know who the Mormons are, I got baptized in that church." I was literally in shock. She wasn't in our ward lists, none of the members know who she is, but she has photos of when she was baptized... wait for it…. 34 years ago!!! She has to be one of the first members of the church here in Puerto Rico or at least in the first 10 years that the church was here!! Since then we have stopped by to visit her. Literally, I love hearing the stories that the members have of what happened in their lives to have them be ready for baptism. The sad part of the story of my mission is that we need to fix why they left. It really is amazing to see that it doesn't matter how many years that a member hasn't attended church, they always remember their baptism! It was amazing to sit in a room and feel the spirit so strong when they begin to tell us all about the missionaries that taught them, the trials that they were going through, and the peace the gospel brought to there lives!!

I know that I was called to Puerto Rico to not only find the people that are waiting to hear this message but also to rescue the lost sheep! I know without a doubt that our Heavenly Father loves when his sheep come back to the fold. Christ went looking for the 1 out of the 99. He found me and sent me here to find the 1 out of the Puertican 100. I am so honored to be able to be doing this work here. I know that without a doubt that this is Heavenly Fathers plan for me. I know that everyday I can grow closer to my Savior though doing his work. I know that Christ lives!! I know there really is joy in the heavens everyday when you triumph over a trial and pass Satan’s tricks on our way to come back to our Father! I am a Mormon, I love it, I live it, and I know it!!!!

I hope you all have a fabulous week and don't forget to hit your knees and hit the books because the only way our Heavenly Father can open the blessings for you is if you do your part!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment