Monday, June 15, 2015

Holy Sabbath Day

Hey family!!
Happy Birthday Hannah!!!!!!
I hope you have a fabulous birthday and my big brother spoils you like a princess!! 


As for my week, it was amazing!! We saw so many blessings from fasting!! I have to say I really have gained a true testimony on how the blessings can really pour in when we fast and pay our fast offerings. We have found so many people to teach and so many people that need this gospel!


We also had an amazing zone conference!! There was a couple themes but the parts that I loved the most were when Sister Boucher talked about the fast and the Sabbath day! She was so inspired. We talk all about how a lot of people have the wrong idea about the Sabbath day. One phrase I loved that she used was that the Sabbath day isn't our gift to Christ and Heavenly Father but it is their gift to us. It is the one day that they give us to rest from our labors. They knew long ago that our weeks would be so jam-packed that we need a Sunday. We need a day to not think about school or work. But also its not a day to just chill but it is a day to serve the Lord by serving others. This is the day that we can show to everyone in the world that we love one another! 

Haleigh's favorite Grandpa in Ponce!

She calls this the Eddie face!

When we were talking about the fast, it really touched me the most to know that we can share so much more with others that really need it. I see people on the street everyday just begging for food, children that go without a good meal in weeks, I have seen someone where the same clothes for a week because no one offered them a little water to wash what they had. Every time I have the chance to pay my offering, I think of these people. Yes, I might not be able to offer much, but it is the little that counts. Its not like I wouldn't have spend the money on the food anyways so I'm not losing anything. We only gain blessings as we pay our offerings.


So another blessing that I saw come out of this conference is a new initiative that our area is doing. Now, we cannot teach a wife without her husband, kids without parents. So we have been working for forever with a less-active/active. She has a lot of doubts with the doctrine and things. We told her that the church is for families not just of individuals and that we want to help her family. We had a lesson with her husband (not a member), her daughter (active), her son-in-law (not member), and her other daughter (less-active). It was the most amazing and spiritual experience to see this family growing together in this gospel!! We are here in families for a reason and it is to return as families!! :) I love my family so much and can't wait to give you all hugs!! Now I hope daddy has an amazing Father's day and just know you are the most amazing dad anyone could ask for!! We love you!


Have a great week!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

PS. I become more and more of an Oreo everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment