Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

Hey family!!!

Happy Fathers Day!!
I just want to give a huge shout out to the best dad in the world, an incredible brother, and the best brother-in-law!!! I am so happy that each one of you are in my life!

Daddy, I will always be so grateful for your love and friendship that you have given me! You really are the best father that we four kids could have asked for! You have given us everything while asking little in return. I know that I personally will always have a friend, a leader, and a hero in you. Daddy, I love you so much! This week I have been reading in Alma, I was reading all about my dad in chapter 48:

“11 And Jeffrey was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a  man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of  his country(being in the air force), and his brethren from bondage and slavery;
12 Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God (always serving in his callings), for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people (always helping us four with all of our needs before your own); a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people (always providing for the needs of our family).
13 Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ (a testimony where I used to form my own), and he had sworn with an oath to defend his people (when he was married for time and all eternity to raise us and love our mama), his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood (I know that I can depend on you for everything).”

It was so amazing for me to see that my daddy was all of this! I have a father that has guided me in the Gospel, a father that has been a leader in our home who has led us to be our best, that has never given up on us, a father that even when we are all being pains showed us his love. I know without a doubt that I have the best father in the world.
Daddy, I will never forget the rides in the car. I learned so much about life, future, and any random topic just driving from our house to work. I know that these will be memories that I will cherish for life. I remember when we were all little and living on base. I loved to sing in primary the song:

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.

 I remember those days that you would get home around 4:30, waiting at the front door to see your car come up was one of my greatest excitements of the day. I loved running up to you to give you great big hug! Daddy, I am so grateful for those hugs. And I can't wait for an even bigger hug in 7 months!!

This time of year is when we can really come to reflect on the blessing that is in our lives. I received a huge blessing from my Father in Heaven in the form of my daddy! I know that our Father in Heaven is always waiting for us to reach out to him to deliver more blessings. I just want to testify that having a family is one of the first blessings our Father in Heaven gave us. We didn't have to work for it, we didn't need to be worthy to receive it, but he gave it to us. We now have the chance to be worthy to stay with our family. I know that each day everyone of us can make the right decisions to return back to our Heavenly Father in the celestial kingdom and be together as a family. We can be the supporting beams for the others but there is a time that we have to stand on our own. Just like when we were little and Dad would be running with us as we would ride our bikes. There is a point he will let us go. We make the choice to fall or keep on going!!

I love you all and hope that you all have an amazing day!! And don't ever forget we have the best Father in the World!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment