Monday, December 7, 2015

Happiest People Ever

Hey Family!!

To be completely honest, this week was extermely hard. I will not lie. I was super frustrated with absolutely everything. It was like one of those weeks that you truly come to understand the Atonement! We had been feeling like we had just been walking and walking with no success. It’s like walking on a path with no end in sight. We really needed to eat some humble pie and find where we stand, remember who we represent, and realize how we can make changes!


For Weekly Planning, we spent a long time going through Preach My Gospel on finding investigators. We made goals on how we could do better and what we needed to focus on.

It was later that day when we stopped by at an old investigator house that something hit be hard. She was talking to us for a while when she mentioned something I really loved! She was talking to us about how great our calling is and how we truly should be the happiest people ever because of the work that we are doing! It really hit me hard. It doesn't matter if the people reject us, if we are tired, or if we are feeling sad because we really are only walking a few steps in His example. It was an amazing eye opener. Just like it says in the Living Christ:
"He was the Great Jehovah of the Old Testament, the Messiah of the New. Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth. ‘All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.’ Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He “went about doing good”, yet was despised for it. His gospel was a message of peace and goodwill. He entreated all to follow His example. He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead. He taught the truths of eternity, the reality of our premortal existence, the purpose of our life on earth, and the potential for the sons and daughters of God in the life to come.''


I can continue each day going around doing good but if I don't put on a smile and endure the tough times. I will never fully come to understand what our Savior went through. I know that my Savior lives and that He truly understands each of our trials. I know that when He looks at His own hands that He remembers each one of us. I know that through the Atonement I truly can be made whole and clean each Sunday with the Sacrament! I know that without a single doubt in my mind that this Church is true. That Christ did restore his Church though a modern-day prophet, and that to this day, we have prophets leading and guiding us. I know that my family is forever, which brings the greatest joy to my heart. I am so happy to wish the most wonderful parents in the world a 
HAPPY 28th ANNIVERSARY!!
I am so glad that through the love you both have for each other that you were able to raise three of the most amazing siblings and friends, I have in this world. I am so happy to always have your example of the love you have one for another. I hope that some day I can find a love like yours! I love you all so, so much and love hearing from you guys!


Con Amor Siempre

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment