Monday, November 2, 2015

Training Again!!

Hey family!!!

I have some huge news!! It’s transfer time again, which is scary but I only have two transfers left. Now I have been called of the Lord to be a trainer again! I am so so excited! I will train until I die! Not literally, just when they kill me off; well, like when I die from the mission. Hahaha! I am overly excited! It really is a calling I take with great honor! I am ready to be the best missionary possible. It’s also a time where I can edit some of my own daily flaws so I can show her how the mission should be like. Oh, speaking of Hermana Pardo. she is training too! In mission terms, I will have a baby and a grandbaby born in the same day! How crazy to think I will be a grandmother before you Mama. Hahaha!! :) Sad part of this excitement is that Sister Melgar is leaving. She is super nervous but she will do great, I know it. She is getting transferred to Cabo Rojo into a trio companionship. I am not jealous of her trio by any means but I know she will do great things over there!

This week was crazy! News of Halloween, here in Puerto Rico they do celebrate Halloween! It’s not like other Latin countries: they don't celebrate November 1st and November 2nd with Saint’s and Soul’s day. But still, Halloween isn't safe here. It is really just the time that all the punk kids of the street go out and do stupid tricks and pranks. Its also a time when the gangs start wars and stuff.

We had a whole mission conference to stay out of any trouble during this time! Wow and I say, Wow! The spirit was super strong! We had the opportunity to listen to Elder Christensen and Elder Cornish talk.
Elder Cornish gave a super inspired talk about how it’s our time now! Puerto Rico really is hitting a rough point economically, which is literally forcing the people to become more humble. It really is a blessing from the Lord that we can use to help people come unto Christ! He talked about all the things that we need to do now to keep Puerto Rico progressing on the tract to more eternal families and ultimately a temple here one day! 
Elder Christensen talked to us about the Holy Ghost and how he is so important in everything we do as missionaries! I loved when he explained that if we don't understand the Spirit how are we going to teach others. It really was amazing the way he explained how we can learn more about Him through the way the Spirit communicates to and through us. He quoted one of the apostles saying that the spirit begins with firm yes’s and no’s, then with time you get a phrase here and there then as your connection with him continues you get paragraphs. Then the apostle said, at some point, you get to where the Spirit is giving you so much its like you are recieving pages and books. I can't wait till the day that I can receive the spirit!

My Ponderize this week is Mosiah 14:3-7:
“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs , and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we, like sheep , have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so he opened not his mouth.”
What’s your verse?

Love you all and hope you all have a great week!! Wish my new baby and i luck!!
Con amor siempre

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment