Monday, November 23, 2015

God of Miracles

Hey family!!

I just want you all to know that I love you and am extremely grateful for all you do for me! I know that you each are a huge blessing in my life and I could never replace!


This week for my Ponderize scripture I am studying 2 Nephi 31:12:
“And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.”


If you get the hint… We have a baptism coming up this week! It literally has been the biggest blessing and miracle that my companion and I have seen this month. So his name is Luis Morales. We met him on November 6th. We had the impression to go and visit a less-active that we haven't been able to find in awhile named Nora. It was a huge blessing that when we walked up she was outside her house doing her laundry. We went up and started talking to her about everything like that we are newish to the area. We asked her story of when she got baptized and so on. She had just happened to have had cooked some food for two of her friends and invited them over while we were there. 


We started talking to the group. This is when we met Luis and Ismael. Both have been investigators of the elders before so we kept talking to them to see what they remembered, share a scripture, and head out to our next appointment. We invited all three of them to church the following week even though we knew that the next Sunday’s church they wouldn't be able to attend because it was at the stake center in Ponce. So the following week, they just left our mind. We were running to and from different areas and didn't get the chance to see them. Saturday, we were walking from another less active’s house when we passed Luis in the street. He said, “So did you guys get a ride for us to come to church?” With shock on both of our faces, we said, “well of course we can get you both a ride.” I literally have never in my mission had an investigator remember an invitation that we had made two weeks beforehand! So they both come to church and just loved it! They participated in all of the classes and the Spirit was super strong. Then in sacrament, Luis turns to my companion and I and said “so when can i get baptized?” You all should have seen Sister Taylor’s and my face! We were in shock! But we totally seized the moment and set a date for the following Saturday. He said, “okay at what time can I be there?”  We are seriously in awe. This is literally what we had to have been looking for.


More background, Sister Taylor and I have gotten to the point of frustration this past month on finding investigators. We have talked to so many people yet dropped so many investigators that haven't been progressing to the point that we didn't have anyone to teach. So we keep on walking and keep on contacting, we just really weren't seeing the fruits of our labor. Luis is our miracle. My companion and I both know that he was the person that Heavenly Father prepared for us to find and to teach. Since day one he has been ready for this gospel!


I do know that God is a God of miracles like it says in Mormon Chapter 9. I know that our Savior lives and this really is his work. I know I work day by day with the Lord. We have days that are hard but He is there holding our hands leading us on to the next day. I know that He is the one that places everything in the perfect place and position so that we can help more people come unto Him. I know that is the work of missionaries. Coincidences don't exist; the Spirit guides everything! The Spirit has been so strong on the days that I can't even imagine my life without Him. I know that by his guidance everything will be okay. We have trials so that we can learn and be humbled enough to accept the blessings that will come along!


I love you all dearly and hope that this Thanksgiving you can show those you love why you are truly grateful for them! Even more importantly, show your Savior how important He is to you!


Have a great week and
Happy Turkey Day!!
Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment