Monday, November 9, 2015

Gratitude

Hey everyone!!


I just want you all to know that I love you! I seriously love you all and I am overly grateful that I have a forever family! I am grateful for the best and craziest little sister that I know will always be a forever friend to me. I am grateful that Heavenly Father prepared a way for Jaren to meet Hannah so I could have the best sister-in-law in the world. I am grateful that He lead Aubrei to Aaron so they could be the divinely chosen to be the parents of Charlie Rose who I already know will be an incredible addition to our always growing family. And I am grateful for the best parents in the world that teach us and guide us everyday by there heavenly examples.


The week has been CRAZY!! My new companion is Sister Taylor from Grants Pass, Oregon. She is 20 years old and literally like my twin. We have all of the same habits, likes, and dislikes. Its a little scary but amazing. I feel like grocery shopping is going to be super easy today! Hahaha! So she is what I was over a year ago, struggling a lot to learn Spanish. It has made me constantly reminisce of my first months in the mission. It was a huge eye opener of how much she learned in just a week though. She started on Wednesday not understanding anything that they said to her to Sunday getting the jist of what we were talking about in the lesson. The best moment though for me was Sunday. We were in a lesson teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I turned to her at the end to invite Hayde to baptism. The huge smile that filled her face as perfect Spanish flew from her mouth as she invited her to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. It was the one of the best feelings in the world to know that the Lord was there with us in that moment helping her teach in Spanish. I was seriously overjoyed to see her basically skipping down the street after the lesson. I want her to know that in these short 12 weeks we have together that everything is possible with Christ by our side! I know that He is here when we are trying our hardest to have the spirit in every moment. I am super excited to be able to show her the ropes and teach her Spanish!


So this week, I am focusing on her in my Ponderize scripture. So I can focus on how to help her and what is the best way that she can learn.
D&C 109:36 36: “Let it be fulfilled upon them, as upon those on the day of Pentecost; let the gift of tongues be poured out upon thy people, even cloven tongues as of fire, and the interpretation thereof.”
I love this verse because I really have learned in my mission it is not only to understand but to talk in the gift. I know that if I didn't have the Gift of tongues I would not be able to do the things that missionaries do each day.


I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father for giving me this great blessing! And blessing me with the opportunity to share my knowledge with Sister Taylor! Pray for us. We need all the help that we can get!


Funny quote of the week: Hermana Luz, 86 year-old ward member: I think Puerto Ricans eat more rice then the Chinese! (And it’s the truth!!!)
I love you all and hope that you have a great day!!
Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment