Monday, September 28, 2015

Women's Conference

Hey family!!

It is finally official, I am really 21 because I have received all of my packages! Hahaha! Thank you all so, so much and I loved everything. I am super grateful for the time, money, and effort you all spent to making a poor missionary’s day special.

This week was amazing. First of all, I met Jesus! Just kidding! He is a less-active that we found for the first time this week. Wow, he is so ready. When God makes promises to send people that are ready, he fulfills them to the fullest!! Jesus has had a very difficult last couple of years. About 7 years ago, he was lending his house to a dear friend and her two children. Then her crazy ex-husband came and killed the wife, two children, and himself. It just happens that Jesus went home that night to find  the horrific event in his house! He says that he has never been the same since. He has fallen into depression every year around the date of the incident. He was overjoyed to see us walk up his drive though. He said that to congregate with a church and come close to Christ is exactly what he needs right now. It was so amazing to see the change from just talking to us. When we got there he was more sad and a little depressed but when we left he was almost beaming with joy. Those are the little things that will make going up the huge hill to his house worth it!

The  next amazing thing of our week was Women’s Conference! My advice to all that haven't seen it: get on the computer right now and watch it!! It was so inspired and powerful. It has me on my toes waiting for General Conference to come! I can't believe that we will have three new apostles! Well not to spoil it all but the few things that impacted me the most were:

Sister Rosemary M. Wixom
"There are two important days in a woman’s life: one, the day she was born and the second, the day she knows why."

Linda S. Reeves
"This life is but the time to prepare to meet God, not time to recieve all the blessings."

Video
"A good friend is someone who sees your good qualities and forget your weak qualities."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"There is enough in life that can bring us into pessimism but we can focus on the happier blessings."

I just loved that happiness was the key for me in this conference. As a missionary, the happiness of everyone is my goal. We are not only bringing the gospel into peoples lives but we are bringing eternal blessings.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I love you all a ton!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment