Monday, September 21, 2015

Attributes of Christ

Hey Family!!

This week was definitely a little crazy! First of all, the packages that I actually recieved were Saydi’s, and Grandma Harris'. But the Sister Trainers are going to the office tomorrow and if the packages are there they will bring them to me. But I did have an amazing Birthday!! Literally, I owe everything to my companion. She really tried to go all out to make my day special! I can admit that I ate way to much food though! Cheesecake, chocolate cake, fried bread, soda, and broccoli. It was a day that I think I am still trying to work off. 

Hermana Melgar has had serious pain in her foot for the past week, so we scheduled an appointment and got her in to see a doctor. Sad to say that there isn't much she can do about it. She is retaining liquid in her foot. The only thing the doctor told us was that she needed to eat less and not eat fried, salty, or sugary food. It has been probably the healthiest week of my mission. We have been eating lots of veggies, fruits, and tuna. But hey if it will help her foot and us get into shape not problem with me!


Wednesday was the best day of the week! It was Zone Conference! It is seriously my favorite time of the month. We get to be filled with new work ideas, spiritual uplift, and get to hear the inspiring words of our President. This conference had a couple of different themes. First, the Sister Trainers and the Zone Leaders taught us about chapter 8 of Preach my Gospel. It was amazing. They told us if we aren't finding people or aren't seeing the results we want then we need change something, especially our planning. It was great to see the way that the little things that we do each day can change everything. My companion and I really set that as our new goal. Thursday morning, we had our weekly planning and focused more on how in our everyday actions, we can be more “Preach My Gospel” like missionaries and help our investigators progress in a more effective way. Literally, it was the best planning session I have had in all of my mission! I cannot wait to see the fruits of the new planning come alive!


Also in the conference, Sister Boucher talked about the attributes of Christ. She did an amazing job. She started by asking us all a question: “Why should I as a missionary/member desire to develop Christ-like Attributes?” She talked to us about how the more and more we strengthen ourselves here and forget ourselves in the mission, it will not only bless us in our missions but we will recieve the blessings in our future, too. She explained also that it is not only to be, but to do. If we do one without the other we are not becoming like Christ but if we strive to do them together that is where we will see the change. I loved it.

Opening Saydi's Package! Had to Break out the keys to get into it...


President and Sister Boucher challenged each of us to try to develop one Christ-like attribute by Christmas and to memorize The Living Christ! I am so exciting to see how much I can change my attitude and my faith by coming more unto Christ by this Christmas. I challenge each of you to do this with me. Try to focus on one quality that Christ has that you need or could develop by Christmas. I can't wait to see and hear about how it is going!

I love you all from here to the moon. Hope you all have a splendid week. Please pray for my companion that she can get better!! :)

Con Amor Siempre,
Hermana Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment