Monday, September 14, 2015

Walked & Walked & Walked

Hey family!!!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. So scary to think I am actually 21. I left for my mission at 19 and now close to the end, I am 21. Where did the time go?? Now I am legal to buy things that I was never in my life planning to buy. Hahaha! Life of a Mormon at 21 is the same as life as a 20 year-old! But its one great life!!


This week was a walking week. We went to an area called Guayabal 3 times! It is a huge hill and you have to go up, down and back up it The hill takes about an hour. The people made the trip very worth it though. I can definitely say that it was a tiring week!!

First picture being 21! Sneaky companion tried to take a sleeping pic!

One of the days that we were over there, we were searching like maniacs for a reference the Elders gave us. We thought they were crazy. Still, we went up, up, up and up I believe to be the biggest hill I have ever walked in my life searching for this lady. Sadly too no-avail, but one amazing blessing was only part way up the hill. With the crazy drawn map we had from the Elders, we had to stop and to ask for directions. We talked to a lady named Magiale. She was super, super sweet asking about what we were doing there and what was our purpose as missionaries. That is one of the greatest things about looking like a weirdo walking up a big hill in a skirt with a nametag on... people ask questions! I loved that we were able to talk to her for a little bit and feel her spirit. I can't wait to go up that horrible hill again to see if we can help her come unto Christ!


Another day this week that we went to Gualabal, we had that chance to visit the lovely Jose Cruz! He continues to amaze me. Every time we get the chance to visit him, he thanks us for finding him and bringing him back. It was amazing when he started to explain all the Sisters and Elders that have passed through his home but have never completely touched his heart for a desire to come back! He told us that if it wasn't for Hermana Melgar and I, then he doesn't know if he would have ever come back. He also said, with tears in his eyes, that there is a reason that my companion and I are the ones that came to his door. That is what makes my job as a missionary totally worth it. I know there are people that need each of the missionaries that come into the field. It is crazy to think that one simple inspirational decision to serve a mission is a decision that changes lives, and not just my own.


I know that this because it is the Lord's work and will. I know that without the Spirit with us everyday there is no way that we could ever accomplish this work. I am so grateful for the Savior and the guidance He has given me each day.


Thank you all again for the packages that I hope to get Wednesday at the Zone Conference, and I hope you all have a great day!! I love you dearly!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment