Monday, December 22, 2014

Transferred

Hey, so I love you guys so, so much!!

Wow! Okay, so this week has been amazing!!

My companion is Sister Sanchez. She is from El Salvador. She speaks very little (meaning practically no) English! It has been amazing.  My Spanish has grown leaps and bounds in the past week! She, Sister Sanchez, is a convert of three years and has an incredible testimony!!

The area here is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am next to the beach, the air is fresh, and the people are very, very nice! My ward is incredible.  We have different member missionaries go out with us every single day. Oh, and the best part of this area, we have investigators!!! 

We have an investigator that we have taught the last couple of lessons to. She now is only an interview away from Baptism!! Her name is Reina.  She grew up in the states with a Spanish-speaking mother and English-speaking Dad so she is fluent in both. She loves talking to me in English.  She says that she really misses it. She talked to me all about her family and her life for a good hour while she was cooking us dinner. Wow, she is incredible mother of 9 kids!! She has taken care of her sibling’s kids too! The only thing stopping her from baptism right now is she hasn't told her husband that she wants to be baptized. Which is a huge problem, but she said that she will do it this week! She said that she just doesn't want to cause contention in the house. She wants to be able to talk it all out with him first. She also told us that if she is baptized that it might make him more curious in hearing the message. Now he greets us and disappears. He will eventually have a softened heart I just know it!!

Wow, Sister Sanchez and I get along so, so well!! She told me today that I am the first American sister that she knows that is not boring!! :) Ha, ha, she told me that I must have a little Latina in me!! :) 

We also have been teaching another family. It is a family consisting of a Mom and her two children. She is very welcoming. We have taught her twice this week. The only problem is she has always got something going on, on Sundays. So now we have to get her to church so that she can feel the spirit!! I know that once she feels the spirit that is in the chapel that she will have the desire to truly know if these things are true! We were prompted to teach her and her kids the Plan of Salvation, which they have already been taught. Sister Sanchez said that last time they didn't really understand it fully. I feel like this time when we left they really did understand it and why we need to work while we are on the Earth to be able to be with our families for time and all eternity!!

I will tell you more next week!!
I love you guys more then anyone else in the whole World!!! 

Con Amor,


Hermana Harris 


No comments:

Post a Comment