Monday, December 22, 2014

I Sing?

Hey family!! 

My week has been pretty great and pretty crazy!!

This week has been great because I still love it here in Humacoa!! It is beautiful. The people are friendly. My companion is crazy and awesome.  We get along so great. She is a powerhouse when teaching the lessons and has a very strong testimony. Also she is a ball. We are always laughing and smiling all day long!! 

This week we have been trying to work on as many less actives and recent converts as possible. I love teaching them because it is like review. We get to teach them something that at one time they knew to be true. Those lessons really just consist of inspired questions to get the Member thinking of what they know. It sometimes feels like I am teaching a child. Like those times that you are digging for a certain response so I ask two different questions to see if they remember. For example, who is our older brother, what did he do on the earth for us, what are some of the stories in the bible that you remember of Christ?

A first in this area is we are actually teaching children too. Just sounds strange to me. Some of the families are part members that we have started to reactivate have children 8-12ish that have to be taught all the lessons before they can be baptized. We have one boy named Jacksel. He is adorable. He is 12 years-old and really has the desire to know for himself. He comes from a whole family of less-active members.  While the sister missionaries in the past found the less-active mother, uncle, and mother they found out that the son hasn't been baptized. This little boy has been a powerhouse example to his family. They have been able to see his example and testimony. His mom and grandma attended church with him this week!! It was so amazing to the see the smile on his face when they all walked in together!! I know that from his example that he will be able to bring his whole family back to church!! 

So this weekend we had three concerts, one concert in Guyanabo, Caguas, and Toa Baja. It was so much fun to be back in my other ward and seeing everyone!! I had tons of hugs! The Caguas and Toa Baja concerts were huge and nerve racking but it turned out great!

So the big news this week is that my Bishop knew I was in the choir and heard us sing in Caguas. So this Sunday right before church he found out our stake president was coming. He asked me to sing a solo in church!! OH my, I was  freaking out!! I sang Angels We Have Heard on High! Oh my! I don't want to do that again. My voice is so not good enough to sing a solo. In a choir I am comfortable but solo no way. Oh and to top it off, I am singing a duet with one of the elders next Sunday for Christmas Sunday. Wish me luck!!

I love you all so, so much. I sent of a package of Puerto Rico Goodies filled with things for everyone in the family and a little thing for my adopted lil’ sis, Kyla. I hope you all like it. You can choose.

Con Amor Siempre!!

Hermana Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment