Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

Buenas Familia!!

Wow, okay, so this week was really crazy!! 

First the normal part was teaching investigators. This week was really strong! We have a couple gems that are really starting to come out of the woodwork! This week we have had a couple of moments that were unforgettable! We were visiting a less active family and teaching one of the daughters, Mayley. I got told time and time again in the past that every time that the missionaries tried to set her up with a baptismal date that she either said no or that she just didn't really show interest. This time the spirit was so strong that when we asked she said yes to the date!!! She was so happy! Her mama just started to bawl! We asked her what she can do to help herself get her ready for that day. She said we can start reading the Book of Mormon together everyday. It was amazing to see not only the daughter, but the mother also realize that if they want this they can do it together! Times like that are why I am so grateful for the spirit that testifies to their hearts!! We would be lost without the spirit!

Also this week we have had great success with another less active family. It is a grandmother, daughter, and her two sons. The grandmother is mas o menos acitve. She has come enough to be considered active, but she doesn't come each week. While I have been here we have encouraged the daughter to come back to church with her mother. It has been amazing to see the progression in the family. In the past the daughter would never come.  I am pretty sure that I have wrote about the son last week. Jacksel, is the most brilliant 11 year old that I have ever met! He is really trying to do what is right. We have been teaching him all the lessons to prepare him for his baptism in the first week of January. I know that he is ready. He has the strongest testimony in his family. I honestly think that the reason that his mom has been coming back to church has been because of this amazing boy!!

The crazy part of my week has been because I have had a concert every night this weekend!! I was in San German, Ponce, and Toa Baja which is on the other sides of the island. It was a blast to be able to sing of Christ all over the island. It was an opportunity that I will never be able to replace! So for this weekend I was on companion exchange. I was with the Lovely Sister Human. She is a blast. She has 6 weeks more then me on the mission and was in Humacao the transfer before me. We have been getting along great!! We are finishing our crazy week tonight with a zone Christmas party at President’s house!! I will finally be able to pick up my packages!!! 

Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas Eve!!! I love you all so much.

Best wishes to Jaren and Hannah this weekend of their wedding!! I know that you will never forget or regret the amazing covenants that you are making to each other and the Lord this amazing day!! I love you both and send me tons of pictures!!

Con Amor siempre,

Hermana Harris






No comments:

Post a Comment