Monday, October 27, 2014

Q & A and a little surprise!

Hola familia!! 
Okay, so this week has been just a ton of contacting!! I do have some amazing news that happened today, but i am going to have you wait till the end to read it!!

First i am going to answer all of mamas questions!

M- So how is Sister Morales doing?  Did she come to church again today? Did her husband come? Are you just visiting or do you teach them a lesson? How do you decide what to teach if you do?
A- Okay so sister morales did not go to church and she told us that she won't go to church again. Sad! We think that her husband was just against her going back to church but he is always super friendly to us! So we gave her the talk about if she isn't going to make the effort then really there is no point for us to continuing to teach her. As we were leaving she yelled to us that her husband made us lunch. So we had lunch with them and talked. So i don't know if she is actually not interested or if she is just a little confused about some of the doctrine so i am not totally giving up on her yet!!

Q- how often do people get transfers there? .
A- Transfers are really random and all up to where the Lord wants to send you! Some missionaries have been in areas for 6 weeks others have been in the same area for 10 months so it honestly just depends on where the Lord wants to send you!
Q- So does your neighborhood have a fence around it? Does your apartment have bars on the windows?
A- My neighborhood is a closed urb. so a huge gate around it, but no my apartment doesn't have bared windows but we have a gate in front of our door!
Q- Does the ward help out with contacts?  
A- Our ward is amazing at helping in the obra missional! They are all willing to go visit less actives with us and we even have some members that have gone knocking doors with us!!
Q-Do you attend ward council? 
A- yes we attend ward council everytime to discuss how the ward can help and discuss our mission progress in the area. We also have a meeting with the elders in our ward and the ward mission leader every single thursday!

Q-Your ward have 30 active families and 100 less active. So approximately how many attend sacrament meeting? 100-150?
A- Actually it is 30 active people so only 30 people every sacrament meeting. It is sad to see, our ward is basically a branch. We have 5 children, 4 on a good day of youth and the rest is adults.

Q-How is the language going? Do you still study Spanish daily? 
A- Spanish is going well i am really starting to be more comfortable it speaking everyday! I study for a full hour everyday spanish! I am going to try way harder in the next coming 6 weeks to master spanish more.

Q-How often do you get together with your sister trainers and zone leaders? Do you go on splits with ward members?
A- Zone leaders i never really see they live with the APs that are in our ward but i never see them. the Sister trainers go on splits with us every transfer. But they are in our district so i see them every tuesday in district meeting! They are amazing!

Q- How is your apartment? Bugs? Clean? New or Old? Rodents? 
A- I love my apartment! We keep basically everything in our fridge because the heat makes stuff go bad very very fast! But hey it is okay Everything being cold is actually nice!
Well cool new fact, I am in the mission christmas choir! I am singing with about 10 other missionaries each weekend in December. We are traveling all over the island to sing to them! I am so excited to get the chance to bring the Christmas cheer to everyone on the island and make them smile and remember Christ loves them!

Okay, okay,  I will tell you my news!! SO, I got a call from President Boucher today. He asked me about how my spanish is going and how hard I am working/studying. He told me that I need to work as hard as i can in the next coming weeks because next transfer, I could have an all spanish speaking, no english, companion. Also he told me that within two transfers the Lord needs me to train a new missionary. I am so excited to know ahead of time and start working to prepare myself, so i can be the best trainer to a greeny!!! So nervous, but I'm glad I know now so I can start preparing!!
Con amor Siempre!!
Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment