Sunday, October 12, 2014

hit TWO MONTHS!!!

Buenas!!

Wow I finally hit TWO MONTHS!!! I can't even believe it! It feels like just yesterday was my first day in the CCM! I have definitely been reflecting this week on how far I have come. I know my testimony has grown leaps and bounds from where it was. It is incredible how much closer to Christ and to my Heavenly Father I feel. I can fully say that it is because I spend so much time on my knees talking with my father in heaven and I spend all day in the scriptures. I have definitely gained a strong testimony on how much the prophets in the scriptures really wrote for these latter days. I challenge all of you to study at least a verse everyday, and you will see the blessings in your life.


We met a fantastic lady this week. Her name is Lucy, she is all alone. Her husband died a few years ago, so it was incredible to share with her the plan of salvation. I am so glad for the testimony I have so I can share with everyone else that there is a life after this! We will live with our families forever


I was prompted to share an experience that I had in gaining that testimony. I shared about when Grandpa Harris passed. I remember being very confused and extremely sad that I wasn't able to visit and see my grandpa ever again. I remember being so scared that anyone else in my family would pass. It took me awhile to truly understand that my grandpa was in heaven with Heavenly Father. I hope that everyday, that I live in the way to make my Grandpa proud and I become a little more like him. Every time I am in the grocery store I remember the stories daddy told me about how grandpa would make the cashiers smile. I know that grandpa is in heaven sharing the gospel with everyone that didn't get the chance to learn on this earth. I am so happy to be doing that same thing here in Guaynabo City!


On Wednesday, we went to visit a less active that we had made an appointment with. She lived an hour and half walk away from our house. So we started off, my companion and I, talking the whole entire way. Sadly the less active wasn't even home. So we walked back home so we could finish our morning studies. Seemed at first like a waste of 3 hours of missionary time, but honestly I am so grateful for those three hours. Hna. Watkins and I talked the entire way. We talked about things that really have strengthened our companionship. It was amazing what opportunities Heavenly Father sends our way to shape us. Take a moment to stop and think of the trials that we have been through there is always a lesson to be learned and on the other side of a trial we will always be stronger. I know that this area is for me to learn a lot of patience. haha


Friday we decided that we were going to the opposite side of our area, called Bello Monte. We were blessed to find two less active families!! We sat and talked to them and set up times to return this week to teach them. We challenged both families to watch General Conference! The mom/grandma of one of the families was so sweet. Everyone in Guaynabo has gates around their houses so we have to yell "BUENAS" until someone comes out. She came out and started talking to my companion for a minute then looks at me. Her jaw drops then she keeps repeating oh mi usted es un muneca- (you are a doll). She kept saying over and over again that I was muy bonita, beautiful, and that I was a doll. It was super sweet until she called over her son and husband just to look at me, hahahah . Hey we got to teach her and she invited us in because she apparently thought I looked so pretty. A little confidence builder! We are meeting with them again tonight so I will update you on how it went!


Conference was awesome wasn't it?!?! Wow I can't believe how blessed we are to be able to hear from prophets!! The elder from Puerto Rico, I know him!! He is part of the area Seventy here. He gave a talk at the CCM!! I was able to shake his hand and talk to him and his wife there!! My favorite talk was on where do we face! It was incredible to reflect upon each decision we make asking ourselves where do we face! ( sorry running out of time but I would love to talk more about it later)

I love you all so so much


More pictures next time i promise!

Hermana Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment