Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hey familia!!

So glad to hear the family is doing well! Glad you got my pictures! So glad to hear you got more preschoolers!!

So is cheer going well? Loved seeing all the wet pictures and the girls at the voyager’s game!

I want to be a cardboard cut out at Jaren’s wedding!! :)

(Haleigh was asked if there was anything she would like for her birthday coming up soon)

There isn't really anything I am dying to have yet, but that might change when I get into the field.

(A friend posted from Puerto Rico that some mission apartments had to be cleaned due to bed bugs)
Scary, to think I might get an apartment with bed bugs!! Can I say gross!! Ha ha, oh well.

Well this week has been an eye opener! I can definitely see how much I am progressing in Spanish. This week for the first time I gave a whole lesson in complete Spanish with no script or notes to help. We were teaching on the Holy Ghost and Baptism. I spoke completely from my heart and the Spanish just came to me. That was a big testimony to me of the strength of the spirit, and a mini example of the gift of tongues. That same lesson we committed our first investigator to baptism. It is amazing feeling, even if you know the investigator is only your teacher, to know that someone made the choice to drawer closer to Christ by following him into the waters of baptism. It was a very fulfilling to see the work that I am doing go somewhere. I can't hardly imagine how it is going to feel when I see someone I taught go full circle and actually be baptized. 

One super happy moment this week was I received a Mountain Dew!! HAHAHA So our teacher in the noche made us a deal. He told us that IF each day all seven of us commit to 54 words, 13 phrases, 1 scripture, 2 grammar forms, and 8 hours of all Spanish then he would go find and buy Mtn. dew for each one of us! I felt my Spanish knowledge grow so much while we were sticking to this deal. In the end learning that much more Spanish was honestly better then drinking the Mtn. dew. But I definitely drank it and thought of my daddy! 

Sundays are officially my favorite day of the week! The spirit is so strong ever day but it is worlds of difference on Sundays. This Sunday in our doctrinal class taught by President Freestone we talked about the Plan of Salvation. It was amazing to take it into the depths he did, and to hear everyone’s questions. It honestly made me incredibly grateful for Brother Fairhurst, and that I was able to attend seminary everyday. The questions people asked, I am proud to have already had that gospel knowledge, and not be still in confusion. That night my companions starting asking me gospel questions, I was so happy to be able to be lead by the spirit and the knowledge that I already had answers to all their questions.

:) On Sunday my district decided because it was the 25th and officially four months till Christmas that we would sing Christmas songs all day!! Oh my it made me realize I will have no snow for Christmas!! Weird to even think about hahah. But hey four months till I see all of your smiling faces! And a new addition to our family! I can't wait to see Mr. and Mrs. Jaren Harris! :)

So every Tuesday has a devotional in the mornings. This week we got to listen to a taped recording of Elder Holland talking back in May! It was incredible!!!!! He put my perspective on being a missionary in a way different view. He talked about our missionary purpose and went into detail line by line. What hit me the most was when he talked about the Holy Ghost. He put it this way, “it is to the same caliber to walk with Jesus and Heavenly Father as it is the Holy Ghost.” We have the opportunity to have a member of the Holy Godhead with us every single minute of everyday! How great of a blessing is that!? It just was exactly what I needed to hear that day. Not only did Heavenly Father send me and everyone his only begotten son to atone for our sins, but he also sent His son to be my constant companion to pick me up when I am down and bring peace to my heart. :)

So I am so, so excited, tomorrow is a huge day! After lunch until 8 o'clock I get to go on splits with missionaries in the East DR mission!!!! I am so, so excited, nervous and ready!! So I promise next week I will tell lots about that! It is definitely going to be an adventure!

That’s all for this week. Pictures to come! 


Love always, Hermana Harris



1 comment: