Thursday, August 21, 2014

Morning Prayer

Answers to everyone's questions:

 
1. The weather has been crazy here, we get rain almost everyday. Yesterday we had a severe storm that lasted all morning. It is very humid here, but sadly I just have frizzy hair not curly. The nicest time of day is when it is about to rain because we actually get some cold wind.

 

2. hahahah! Yes, Mama, there are cute missionaries here. (Not that I'm looking)

 

3. My scripture study is going fantastic! It is amazing how much more you can learn when you are reading the Book of Mormon verse by verse in Spanish and English. Along with that I would like my missionary plaque scripture to be 2 Nephi 25:26 - the scripture about how we do everything for Christ! (if that is not the exact verse sorry)

 

4. My missionary clothes are doing pretty well except I never grabbed the black pencil skirt of yours and mine officially broke. So my outfits are definitely limited, because I based a lot of it off of that skirt. Its all good though, I have others to wear. My feet have finally got used to wearing flats! I am finally past the blister phase and to the callus!

 

5.Every lunch served consists of two types of rice and two types of meat with a side salad and some fruit. For dinner we have normal food, for example, anything from tacos, hamburgers, pizza, and mac n cheese... they aren't exactly the american style but they are still way better than rice and beans!! Oh and for breakfast we have toast, eggs, pancakes, french toast, and BROWNIES!! hahah, Our cook says that brownies should never be eaten after dinner because we don't do enough physical activity to work it off. So we get brownies for breakfast two times a week!

 

6. So sorry. I really have no idea why you didn't get pictures last week. I definitely sent them!!

 

It was so exciting to see all the pictures of Jaren and Hannah's engagement!! I am so freaking excited to have an addition in our family! You two are adorable! Of course that was an amazing way to purpose. I definitely give Jaren and Aubrei props!!

So sad to think of dad by himself at home during spirit-a-thon! But hey I hope my baby kitty is keeping you company! I'm glad you guys had a blast at your sleepover at the high school! Sad though that the football team crashed your party!  

Just as an fyi, letters and packages take forever to get to the DR so it would be a way better idea to just send them all to the Puerto Rico Mission home.

 

I got a happy surprise this week! I received a letter from Grandma Harris! It hadn't been the greatest day and receiving that letter made the rest of the day go by a lot smoother. It made me cry in a good way to hear how she was doing and to reflect upon the last week that I was with you all! I love you guys!

 

Well as for my week, it has been an eye opener. At the beginning of this week I was in a very solemn mood. Don't ask me why. I was very quiet and kept to myself. I have to admit I got tons more studying and memorizing done, but I just didn't feel right. I kept trying to figure out why. I wasn't more homesick then normal, and I hadn't been doing anything outside of the normal. During our nightly family prayer and song, we sang did you think to pray. In the song it says when you left your bed this morning, Did you think to pray. For me in the past, I have never been much of a prayer person. Remembering to say prayers in the morning was difficult. I have made a extra effort this week to make sure that I remember to not only pray at night but in the morning as well. I truly gained a stronger testimony of prayer when every day since has been ten times better. My whole day, my attitude, and my relationship with my companions is ten times better! Well I learned my lesson! :)

 

This week is technically my third week time wise in the mission field, but in the CCM they count this as my 4th week. I will be leaving the CCM on the 9th to fly the hour flight to Puerto Rico. I cannot believe how fast time has flown! It felt like just yesterday I was saying bye in Montana! I love my companions and district. They are like a family away from home, but nothing will top the love I have for you guys! I love and miss you all, but the Lord's work is where I need to be right now! 

Con amor,
Hermana Harris


Pictures:
1. Happy Hermana Harris
2. Companions
3. District
4. All Going to San Juan Puerto Rico Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment