Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reactivation and Exchanges

Hey family!!

It was another week of crazy blessings. To start off, we have been teaching this lady named Hayde. She is a little lost soul. She has had a lot, i mean a lot, of problems in her life. She has been seeing spirits or shadows for the past few years. Which for me, is the first sign that she needed help from someone with the authority of God. We needed some priesthood miracles! It has been amazing to just see her progress through teaching her! She has smiled more, let more joy into her life, and left a little more of the crazy to the calle (street). I have seen her desire grow and grow. If God thinks that she is ready, then we are going to try to prepare for her baptism at the end of this month. Keep her in your prayers if you can! :)

One amazing thing that happened this week is that we had a reactivation!! Her name is Lucy.  We have been working with her and her granddaughter for a couple of weeks to get them back to church. It was amazing to see her face when she was greeted and loved by every member. Especially when they expressed how much they loved and missed her. The amazing thing that we are trying to do now is get her son-in-law and daughter to bring their family to church. They aren't members but practically know everything because one of their daughters was baptized. Hopefully, she will be the next one we get to come back to church!

My companion cooked enchiladas this week! Monday, we spent the day in our favorite member’s house, Wanda! We decided that we were going to help her for once, apart from cleaning her dishes, and cooking for her. So I have learned that enchiladas in Honduras are like hard shell tacos. Hahaha! She fries corn tortillas and has all the good taco stuff on top of them. Then like traditional Mexican enchiladas, she covers them in sauce. And can I say it tasted like heaven!!! :) Hahahaha! As always, we eat a ton of rice and beans with pork chops. Then some more rice, beans and pork chops. But, I have now learned how to cook it all so I hope you all are ready to eat like a Boricua (Puerto Rican) when I get there!!!


We have had exchanges with the Sister trainers with week. I was with our new Sister trainer. She is very intense and spiritual. I really learned a lot from her on how to call upon the Spirit while we are walking in the street.  I truly gained a greater love for my companion during the exchange, which I know is part of the idea. We really have gained quite a connection when we teach and how we act with one another! I love this girl and can't wait to see where she goes in her mission. I did learn to focus more on not only being a robot missionary but missionaries need to bring themselves into the lessons. I feel like some forget that personality and love is what draws the people to you so you can draw them to Christ. My companion is a spunky chick and she brings such love to the investigators that we leave with them knowing and feeling the love that the Savior has for them!!

I hope you all have a great week! My new Ponderize scripture is 2 Nephi 28:30:
“For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.”

Whats your verse?!?
Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment