Monday, October 19, 2015

Other Faiths

Hey family!!

My week was a little… well, let’s just say it was different. First of all, my companion and I were on fire this week! Literally contacting like pros, walking a ton but teaching more! It was really what we both needed to get that kick in the butt. It was full of miracles and blessings!

I have been seriously overly impressed with my companion this week. Really, I have truly found a forever friend in her! We have found how to work perfectly together!

That sounds all normal, right? My different part all goes along the line of it’s the week of the Virgin here in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Mary. So people go house to house doing rosaries. Now that isn't super strange here because it is super catholic country. The difference is that they carry a little doll on a stand. Was quite a sight to see! Sadly, I didn't have my camera! So on the lines of that, we were with one of our investigators. She lives behind her mother’s house. Her mother had one of the rosary stops at her house. We got to see it all. We, also, got roped into helping with the refreshments afterwards too. Got to love service!

But really that has been one of the great blessings of my mission. I have learned so much about other religions. I have learned what they believe, why they are the way they are, and how to show them the truth. Every time that I get to know someone that is serious in another faith, I love to ask them questions of how they were converted, how they found their church, and how their faith increases. It is amazing that God really does testify of any truth. He tries to bring faith in Jesus Christ to all. Sometimes it might seem like it’s not completely the right idea but the start of a belief is the footstep into true conversion. I love that Puerto Rico is a county of faith. The population is full of believers. It’s a blessing that we don’t need to develop faith in them; we only need to increase the faith they have. I have to say I truly love my mission! I love the people here in Puerto Rico. I love my companions that I have learned so much from. I love all the amazing things I have learned that can apply to the rest of my life. I know for a fact that I am not the same girl that left Great Falls 15 months ago. I owe it all to our lovely Father above and his son, Jesus Christ. I know my Savior lives and loves each one of you. I know he really is involved with every aspect of our lives. We just have to let him in. I know that God answers prayers. He is always there waiting for us to reach out and call him. I know that we are the true church of Christ. Learning about so many other religions just strengthens my own testimony each day. I know that we truly have the fullness of the gospel on the earth! I love my family, miss them terribly, and pray for you all each day! Please keep reading your scriptures and praying to your Heavenly Father I know that he will help you all in your lives!!

Ponderize: My scripture for the week is Alma 32:15-16!! “Blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble”. Whats your verse??

I hope you all have a fabulous week and I love you all!!
Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment