Monday, July 20, 2015

Exchanges & Blonde Moments

Hey family!!

Happy Birthday Aubrei!!!
Well I am so happy and grateful to have such an amazing big sister!! I am so happy for you, your new family, and life. Just know that I am sending all my love and hugs from Puerto Rico!!

For this week, I started to write down all the funny things that my companion says. So here are a couple of them:
"Hey I'm getting better at taking selfies.. it was like the training wheels of selfies."
"God bless the U.S.A Awwe that makes me miss my Boy- scout Troup."
"Do you ever have to sneeze while plucking your eyebrows?”
'Well, in Utah, we try to stay away from fish because we are far... Oh wait, I had a story going with that but I forgot.”
“Awe that's cute... how do you know that is Catholic?”
“Well some say thats a good thing.. oh wait it does say the street! Puertoricanos don't know how to get places!”
“When I smell hand-sanitizer… I think of cats getting declawed.”

Well, lets just say, I love my companion to death!! She is hilarious and super intelligent with a few blonde moments!


On the working side, we are been having great week. We had intercambios (exchanges), so I got to go back to Ponce! It was amazing to see all the people again. One thing that was better is that i truly feel that my home is now Juana Diaz. It was hard to leave Ponce but it was weird to go back. I just got the feeling that my work there was definitely done! It was a great feeling to go back to Juana Diaz and know that is where the Lord and the people need me.


We had a great lesson with one of our investigators! She has an amazing knowledge of the Bible. She is teaching us more about the Bible while we teach her and her friend about the Book of Mormon. It has been amazing. She has about 5 Bibles from different translations and reads from each of them to find out which one she feels has the complete truth. I was a great to show her how in the Book of Mormon and the Bible together you really don't need 5 bibles to know the testaments of Christ!


Well I can definitely say that I am loving my mission. I am beginning to love it here in Juana Diaz. It has been a drama free area. I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week!! hope you all are reading the Book of Mormon as couples, families, and by yourselves!!  Keep up the good work!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment