Monday, July 27, 2015

Day by Day

Hey family!!                         
Here is my week! I decided my week was too crazy to just give you part so here is the summary of the week day by day!


Monday: So normal p-day, of course, but at 5pm, we had to haul couches about a mile to our house. Lets just say the couches seemed pretty light until we had to haul them up a hill to our house. What a missionary will do to have their apartment be a little more like home! Then we had family night with Alicia, our golden investigator. We had an amazing time playing games and sharing a message about the tithing and offerings!! She is so ready to be baptized, but there is a conflict with her family that seems to be getting stronger and stronger each week. I feel like her mother doesn't want another one of her children to change their religion and her grandchildren's religion. But Satan has to find a way in every life to try to fight against the truth!

Tuesday: This day was our hunt for less actives. We got a ride from a member to an area that is very far walk and hit the streets. We found a lady and her down syndrome son who I felt just need a little push to get them back on the path then they will be running for the church doors in no time at all!

Wednesday:  We had a ward fashion show. It was an amazing presentation with all the ward members on how modesty really is the best route to go even in this heat. It was even better when my companion was asked to model last. I glitzed her up with hair and makeup. She looked amazing walking down that aisle like a true model!

Thursday: This week really was a huge adventure. Sister Hoko, a sister that I lived with and started my mission with, has been really sick. She has had a crazy allergic breakout on her skin. So, Thursday night, we drove to Guaynabo to President’s house. Her companion doesn't have a license and she was to weak to drive, so President asked me. Sad thing is that our driveway is literally at the worst angle in the world!! It just so happens that when Sister Hoko was backing me up I thought she was telling me that I was too close on one side so I turned a little bit to end up scrapping up the other side of the car. It turns out that Elder Eakle came by, our hand dandy car Senior Elder. And I have to pay $50, out of home funds.
Well after all that craziness, I did get to spend the night at President’s house. It was amazing to be in a 'real' home and with 'parents'. We talked to President for about 2 1/2 hours all about the mission. Best Thursday night in a long time!!

Friday: We woke up that morning having to drive with Sister Boucher to Caugaus to Sister Hoko's doctors appointments. It was crazy that we had to wait 3 hours in the doctor’s office to have a 5 minute appointment where they told her to just take allergy medicine that you can buy in any drug store with out a prescription. Lame right?? Waste of time... but Sister Hoko and I got really close!!

Saturday:  Saturday night, we all got invited to go out to dinner at Pizza Hut with our amazing Relief Society president, Ruth. We had a blast joking around and spending time getting to know her.

Sunday: Sunday was just a normal Sabbath day craziness. Taking the sacrament and learning amazing new things from the speakers and the teachers. That afternoon, there was two 8 year-old Baptisms. It was amazing to see how much support the families recieve when their children are getting baptized! Loved it!!



So that is my crazy week. I hope you all had a less hectic week and have an amazing next week!!

Happy Birthday Saydi!!

I can't believe that you are finally moving into the adult world. Welcome the real world! You may notice it is the same as life before. :) Hahaha! Jks! Jks! Love ya, loca and I can't wait to room with you in 6 months!!

Love you all and have a great week!!

Con Amor Siempre,
Hermana Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment