Monday, May 18, 2015

A Singing Missionary

Hey family!


This week was crazy!! But I am thinking it is less crazy then your guys, Hahaha ;) We had zone conference this week! Elder Cornish of the seventy was amazing! He is the area president of the Caribbean here. He talked to us about conversion! How our conversion and the conversion of the converts is everything. We are only here as part time missionaries; the real missionaries are in the houses. They are the ones that are full-time, or all life missionaries.


It was amazing to see how strong he is in the gospel! He and his sweet wife do so much for the missionary work here! He has helped out our mission and the island in so many different ways! I love conferences because it really feels that even when studying and living the gospel each day my spiritual tank still gets to the point where it is getting low. It is always at this point where a conference comes and just fills me to the top!

I think the funniest thing with this week is that I had to sing in another choir. I don't know when this island will learn I really can't sing very well. Hahaha! Our ward decided to sing as our talent for a Stake Relief Society activity. Really, this is in no way our talent. Actually, it is better if everyone just keeps to singing in the shower. But hey, it was going to be fun right? We started to practice for the past two weeks. I really think that they had to have picked the hardest song in the hymn book! But we got a less-active that is a professional singer to help us! She literally was with every single person listening and helping each one of us improve. We actually sounded good by the end. Miracles really happen people!!


With another transfer passing by, saying bye to more missionaries and getting to know new ones comes with a new adventure. Sister Archila is finishing her mission this week. It has been crazy to have grown and seen her grow with this past 4 1/2 months together in Ponce! I am so happy to have known her. She is one of the strongest converts I have ever met! She really has the biggest desire to serve the Lord. I can only hope that in my last couple months that I can be just like her then I will be a great missionary. It is so crazy how fast the mission flies by, I just hope this last bit slows down a little bit!!

I love you all so so much and hope that you all have a splendid week!


Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment